Saturday 11 February 2023

Saturday, 11-02-23: low spend February

 Morning, everyone!

It was no surprise to find I had gained one and a half pounds at weigh in yesterday morning.  I was pleased it wasn't more.  I hope to lose that by next Friday!  :-)

Sometimes I let go a bit on Friday evenings but not yesterday - I really want a bit of a loss next week!

Yesterday's meals:
I had an apple at group and an orange when I came home and that was breakfast.  No photo!
No photo of lunch either because I had a guest, but there's leftovers for lunch so I can take a photo then.  It was absolutely delicious and another to go on the list of 'kits to have again'!  Making three portions, even though I only made half the amount of pasta and added mushrooms, reduces the syns a bit too.

Later on in the afternoon, I started to feel peckish which is always a bit 'dangerous' but I remembered I hadn't had any healthy extras so I made some marmite on toast which hit the spot perfectly.

This was the stir fry chicken from the new SW recipe book.  It was simple, quick and quite nice for such a simple mix of flavourings.
With all those veg, it was filling but Carly had kindly brought along some grapes and strawberries for our dessert and there were some left so I finished them off.  It was probably too much fruit really but lovely, all the same.


Today's plans

B:  boiled eggs and marmite toast fingers
I really, really fancy this today - and it means I will get my healthy B today too, for a change.
SW:  one healthy extra B for two slices of wholemeal.

L:  Cuban mojo pasta; fruit
The Simply Cook kit made loads yesterday so I'm having the leftovers today - looking forward to it.  I might very well sprinkle over some cheddar too.  
SW:  again a bit tricky to syn but I am saying five syns in total which seems pretty close, bearing in mind the calories for the kit and the added Elmlea.  All the other food used is either speed or free apart from the added cheese which is one healthy extra A

D:  chicken and mango korma, rice, side salad; jelly/yogurt
The chicken I defrosted for yesterday's dinner was ginormous so I had half yesterday and have found another recipe from the SW book, Fast Feasts, for this evening, chicken and mango korma on p 89 - except that I will be using a tikka paste because that is what I have.
I'll see how it turns out and might splash out on two and a half syns for a tbsp of Elmlea (I bought a couple of pots before Christmas 'just in case' and never used any.
SW:  it says the whole recipe is one and a half syns so I will go with that - I think the syns come from the curry mix because I can't see anything else that carries syns.  Plus two and a half syns for the Elmlea, of course.  If I make a jelly, one portion will be half a syn, as will the yogurt.

Ex:  A Shimmy Snippet or one of Lindsey's YouTube classes

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
ten syns

What do I mean by low spend?

February is a low spend month.

Through January, I spent very little on non essential food and other items.  The idea was to spend nothing on non food things and I didn't quite achieve that but I was happy with how it went, all the same.
I was so pleased to be able to make some charitable donations as a result; it's so nice to see positive outcomes.

'Essential' means  food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs and other essentials including things like cleaning products and toiletries although I think I am fine for the latter, plus anything necessary that comes up through the month

As for all other spending, there are a few items I need but not an awful lot so I'm really hoping it will also be low spend.

(Of course, all regular bills, direct debits, etc, will still be paid as usual)


6 comments:

  1. Your chicken stir fry looks good! I might do one tonight for tea. I got on the scales this morning and gained nowt but lost nowt! It’s half term and I am determined to go back to school a little lighter than when I left it! I am also going to be loving more. Before I know it, It will be Monday again.
    Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely. I like those simple meals!
      I hope you've had a good half term. Round here, it's just started. xx

      Delete
  2. I went back to SW before Christmas as I really need the discipline of facing the scales. I'm not being as strict with myself as I was last time so it's a slower journey but I'm 11 pounds down so far and feeling happier for it. Not much more to go, which I'm pleased about, if only because I've had to swap to a 7.30am Saturday group due to looking after my grandchild. I still refuse to syn cooked fruit! Scarlet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm good with a slower journey too. It gives us opportunity to change habits longer term and finding out what we really like, want and can change because, let's be honest, if we don't, nothing will really change.
      and YES to synning cooked (or blended) fruit. Juicing is different, I'm OK with synning that.
      I've realised why the dinner recipe has syns - because of the cooked mango. So the day's total is one syn less xx

      Delete
  3. That's a very modest gain, and will be off in no time, well done. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope so, Sooze. Thank you for being such an encourager. xx

      Delete