Wednesday 22 February 2023

Wednesday, 22-02-23: low spend February

 Morning, everyone!

Yesterday's meals:


Tuesday didn't actually start with pancakes, it started with an apple before Groove class which was an energetic session so when I got home I was more than ready for pancakes.

I had one with lemon and sweetener and then one with fruit and yogurt and much preferred the latter so the lemon juice and sweetener were put away.

So any pangs of conscience I may have had about more than one tbsp sweetener vanished into thin air!


I enjoyed the second day stuffed half-pepper very much.  
I had a bit of baby beetroot pickling vinegar left in the jar so use it to quick pickle shredded cabbage and carrot slices and it really was very nice.  I'll do that again rather than just throw it away.

Afters was an orange and a plum.

A really nice steak (from Aldi) and the sweet potato fries were lovely too.  I invested two syns in some oil to air fry them in and they came out nice and crunchy.
I did have room for a yogurt for once.



Today's plans

B:  bacon, egg and tomato sandwich
I'm on to using my home made bread now and it is very nice.  I do have one more bought loaf, the one I won in the raffle a few weeks ago and then I am sticking pretty much with home made, I think, now I know I can cut it thin enough to have two slices for my healthy extra B
SW:  one healthy extra B for bread

L:  teriyaki chicken, salad; fruit
This is a tricky one to syn because the chicken came from a butcher ready flavoured and I've had it for a while anyway.  I looked up teriyaki sauce and it is one syn per tbsp so if I estimate it as four syns (for the lot, lunch and dinner), that should more than cover it, I should think.
SW:  two syns for the chicken (est)


D:  cheesy chicken pasta bake; side veg; yogurt
This was going to be a tuna pasta bake but when I checked on the amount of chicken I had, I think it is enough for two portions so I will thaw the lot and I can cross it off my freezer list.
Apart from the cheese and yogurt, this should all be free and speed.  I intend packing the sauce with vegetables and maybe it will make enough for two.
SW:  up to two healthy extra As for grated cheddar, two syns (est) for the chicken and half a syn for yogurt

Ex:  C25K and personal training class

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
four and a half syns (est)

What do I mean by low spend?

February is a low spend month.

Through January, I spent very little on non essential food and other items.  The idea was to spend nothing on non food things and I didn't quite achieve that but I was happy with how it went, all the same.
I was so pleased to be able to make some charitable donations as a result; it's so nice to see positive outcomes.

'Essential' means  food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs and other essentials including things like cleaning products and toiletries although I think I am fine for the latter, plus anything necessary that comes up through the month

As for all other spending, there are a few items I need but not an awful lot so I'm really hoping it will also be low spend.

(Of course, all regular bills, direct debits, etc, will still be paid as usual)


No comments:

Post a Comment