Monday 6 February 2023

Monday, 06-02-23: low spend February

 Morning, everyone!

Back again after a weekend away for an all inclusive weekend.  It's been great fun, I've had a fab time, but the Slimming World stuff has taken a battering.  Never mind, back to it today.

I have no meal photos, obviously, but will start again today.

I had one and a half pounds off at Weigh in on Friday.  I guess that didn't last long but I'm back on it today.



Today's plans

B:  Not sure - probably fruit and yogurt
SW:  syns unknown

L:   ham and veg soup, cheesy marmite toast to dunk; fruit
The soup is from the freezer.  Nice and easy,
SW:  the soup is syn free, half a healthy extra B for one slice of bread and half an A for 15g grated cheddar

D:  sausage, chips, tomatoes, peppers and mushrooms; yogurt
I fancy something down to earth.  This weekend's meals have not been fancy but no sausages and no chips.
Before Christmas, as well as the turkey, I ordered some of their 'home made' turkey sausages from Kelly's of Danbury and I want to sample them for the first time.  Syns are problematic as they're not on the SW database but they are high meat and quite low in calories so I am estimating four syns per sausage.  I have some onion gravy in the freezer or I might go for some chutney instead.
SW:  eight syns for two sausages, two syns for one tsp oil on the chips (they are definitely nicer with real oil rather than spray), one syn for gravy or one and a half if I have chutney and half a syn for yogurt.

Ex:   circuits class today

Summary:  
half a healthy extra A
half a healthy extra B
twelve syns - a bit high for me but within accepted limits.



What do I mean by low spend?

February is a low spend month.

Through January, I spent very little on non essential food and other items.  The idea was to spend nothing on non food things and I didn't quite achieve that but I was happy with how it went, all the same.
I was so pleased to be able to make some charitable donations as a result; it's so nice to see positive outcomes.

'Essential' means  food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs and other essentials including things like cleaning products and toiletries although I think I am fine for the latter, plus anything necessary that comes up through the month

As for all other spending, there are a few items I need but not an awful lot so I'm really hoping it will also be low spend.

(Of course, all regular bills, direct debits, etc, will still be paid as usual)


No comments:

Post a Comment