Friday 10 February 2023

Friday, 10-02-23: low spend February

 Morning, everyone!

Weigh in today - best to know the bad news and move on.

I've been finding that I just can't use the Simply Cook kits as quickly as they come but I don't want to stop taking them completely so I got in touch and asked to defer for a couple of months.  A positive reply came back very quickly together with a suggestion that I have a box every six weeks rather than each month, which I agreed to.
So no more boxes until mid May and then every six weeks.  Perfect.
I really do recommend this company (and have a referral link if you are interested - just ask in comments).  Great customer service.
Yesterday's meals:

I had a banana before my SET workout and the rest just before eleven.

A mixed salad and a smallish chicken breast fillet, cut, sprayed with so-called 'oil' and given 15 minutes in Nellie on 200.  I only needed one tbsp of the Nando's sauce.  Plenty of protein to fill me up there and I didn't want any fruit afterwards.


Later on, after personal training, I had some cheese for a healthy extra A.



A quick note about the M&S lean burgers I used for these meatballs - when I bought them, they were syn free on SW.  I think the 'recipe' has changed and they're no longer free (or maybe they don't do them any more) but the one I used definitely was.  To make seven meatballs, I used one burger, one red onion and rosemary sausage, one small onion, finely chopped and softened, and 15g finely grated cheddar plus seasonings.  I softened onion and mushrooms, added the red pepper sauce (from the freezer), gave the meatballs about fifteen minutes at 160 in Nellie and then added them to the sauce..  

They were absolutely gorgeous.  Adding the grated cheddar certainly made a difference.
Today's plans

B:  fruit and yogurt
A light breakfast because the other two meals are likely to be bigger!
SW:  half a syn for yogurt

L:   Cuban mojo pasta, side salad; fruit
I have a friend over for lunch and I'm making this Simply Cook kit.  It is vegetarian bit I might add a little bit of chicken to the mix and I will certainly add extra veg.
SW:  things are always a bit uncertain with kits as it's not on the SW data base but I am estimating two syns for the spice bases (they're 50 calories per portion) and the Elmlea (which is all I have) is five syns so I might use yogurt instead - or, perhaps, half and half?  I'll see when I make it up.  

D:  fast five spice chicken, mixed veg; yogurt
This is from the new SW recipe book, p 84 (if you have the book) and I might do as they suggest and use turkey mince instead, because I have plenty.
Someone in another SW group round here said that once a week she made the point of trying a new recipe from one of the many SW recipe books and I thought that a brilliant idea.
SW:  it says half a syn per serving although I can't see where the syn is - perhaps it is the five spice mix.  Also half a syn for a yogurt

Ex: rest day today

Summary:
no healthy extras today
eight and a half syns

What do I mean by low spend?

February is a low spend month.

Through January, I spent very little on non essential food and other items.  The idea was to spend nothing on non food things and I didn't quite achieve that but I was happy with how it went, all the same.
I was so pleased to be able to make some charitable donations as a result; it's so nice to see positive outcomes.

'Essential' means  food such as fresh fruit, veg and dairy/eggs and other essentials including things like cleaning products and toiletries although I think I am fine for the latter, plus anything necessary that comes up through the month

As for all other spending, there are a few items I need but not an awful lot so I'm really hoping it will also be low spend.

(Of course, all regular bills, direct debits, etc, will still be paid as usual)


No comments:

Post a Comment