Friday 3 March 2017

Recipe: poaching an egg the microwave way

I'm not good at poaching eggs.  I always seem to either break the yolks or the white disintegrates and goes every which way.
I read this while googling for something else, tried it yesterday and it worked so well I thought I'd share because one poached egg with toast or pikelets (home made, of course! 😀) is a healthy and frugal way to start the day or, indeed, makes a filling lunch.

Basically, this is what you do.  Just follow the link
https://www.eggrecipes.co.uk/recipes/poached-eggs-microwave

The timing depends on your own microwave plus the size of the container you use and how much water.  I used a soup cup/bowl thingy because it was sitting on the side within reach, has a saucer that did for a lid and is microwave proof and 2 minutes produced a perfectly poached egg.  Today I will try a tea cup and sauce which ought to be faster.

I'm pleased to have another breakfast on the frugal list!

No comments:

Post a Comment