Monday 18 June 2018

Monday, 18-06-18

Good morning!
Here we are, back again after my holiday.  Everything took a battering last week and I shall do three weeks back on the liver shrinking diet because my liver certainly needs a re-shrink!  No regrets, I've had a good time, but must lose the weight I gained and then press on again.  I really CAN'T go back now, not after coming all this way.
It's a bit of a complicated week but I will do what I can, when I can.

So here's the plan for today
B:  muesli (30g) with natural yogurt (about 40 mls)
L:  Mini frittatas (2 eggs and some onion and pepper filling plus 20g finely grated cheddar) with side salad
D:  chicken (leftovers from a roast - 100g), SW chips (not many!), side salad; strawberries and natural yogurt

From the freezer:
Just the chicken.  It is in stock so maybe I will make a soup with the stock tomorrow.

The frugal factor:
The muesli is free (gifted) and the yogurt is home made.
The frittatas are not specifically frugal but are not expensive.  Eggs are a great frugal food and the cheese was reduced.  I will grab a few veg from Mum and Dad before leaving after breakfast and have some leftover salad veg (yes, I did manage to have salad last week!!) to finish off.
The chicken is leftovers and I will have to hack at the potatoes to get some chips as they will be sprouting by now.
Beth tells me that there are still strawberries in the garden and she didn't pick yesterday so there should be some for dinner

However, I will need to go shopping either today or tomorrow as supplies of fresh stuff are minimal!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll get back to normal weight loss in no time. I'm intending for us to have a sensible low carb week with lots of veggies, in preparation for our holiday when it will all be relaxed a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fingers are crossed - for us both! :-)

      Delete
  2. Good afternoon Joy

    Pleased you had a good holiday. Now you are back in your own home and routine, you will get back to your weight before the holiday in a short amount of time. That's what holidays are all about - enjoying yourself. I'm pleased to read that other people use up potatoes when they've sprouted. I have a couple of tubs of veggie stalks in the freezer which I will use as a base for some soup sometime (someone else's idea).


    Have a good evening.


    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol. Hopefully the new havitys will re-establish quickly. Today has been a bit of a struggle but I am winning.
      I save stalks too and leaves. Great for soup.

      Delete
    2. That should have read 'habits'. Ooops.

      Delete