Tuesday 26 June 2018

Tuesday, 26-06-18

Good morning!

I'll start by owning up that yesterday was a disaster from start to finish.  The healthy eating and the frugality flew right out of the window and I MUST get it all back again.   I can't undo all the good work over the last eight months or so.  Oh, dear.

The best that can be said was that the craving for fish and chips ended in buying some 'good' frozen chips and some frozen plaice because I couldn't face the heat in the chip shop.  That means it was more frugal and I have some left for another nice meal (and it was very nice) another time.

Now I have to stick to it today.  I will try to stay out of the kitchen.
B:  muesli with yogurt
L:  the last of the frittata with salad
D:  something really simple like beans on toast; watermelon

WIsh me luck!

7 comments:

  1. We're human Joy. These things happen, but I'm sure that you'll get back on plan. I love a bit of breaded plaice! I make lots of frittata...such a good way to use up leftovers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love plaice too. Apart from salmon, it's my favourite fish.
      Thanks for your kind words. :-) Much appreciated. xxx

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure if I've had plaice. I remember mum cooking flat fish on a Friday when I was a kid because a family member used to bring them. And/or there was a fish van... But I don't like boney fish! I need to find some fish dishes I can face, other than the Captain's! I do look at yellow sticker lemon sole from time to time in a wistful way, but it's a big step! Last night I made the kids a Gino D'acampo recipe - smoked salmon (trimmings), courgette, yellow pepper, onion and lemon zest with pasta. Went down well and even I thought not too fishy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do bone fish very well nowadays. I've never had a pre-crumbed one with bones. I know what you mean, I hate finding a bone in my fish too. Your recipe sounds rather good, do you have a link to it?

      Delete
  3. Everyone falls off the wagon from time to time. We wouldn't be human if we didn't. You have shown how strong you are, we all know you are very capable. My friend has just been told she has an inflamed gall bladder full of stones. I hope she can get her diet fat laden under control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish her well, Tania. It's not a nice thing to have but reducing the trigger foods does help to manage it until the gallbladder can be removed.

      Delete
  4. Sorry, I can't seem to link on my phone. The recipe is called pasta shells with smoked salmon, courgette and yellow peppers. It comes up via Google.

    ReplyDelete