Saturday 30 June 2018

Saturday. 30-06-18

Good morning.

I'm not paying for today's food,  so choice is not my responsibility except to prepare and this is what I'm having.

B:  30g muesli with leftover fruit salad and some natural yogurt - the gorgeously thick yogurt I made by mistake and which I ought to make more often as it is lovely!  Either that or strain it for longer so it makes a soft cheese.
L:  probably a salad
D:  roast chicken, roasties, probably fresh picked broad beans from Dad's garden; rhubarb and strawberry crumble.
Ss:  apples

The most expensive thing is the chicken.  It's free range and not huge but it should provide five or six portions plus the stock after boiling the carcass so it's not as bad as it could have been!
The crumble is all home made with fruit from garden/allotment.
If I make a stuffing, I will use a savers packet stuffing and mix it with meat from one sausage for extra flavour.  I'll see what's on the pantry shelf!

The nicest thing is that it might all look like hard work but it's more or less prep it, bung it in and leave it.  Just right for a hot day.

No comments:

Post a Comment