Friday 19 April 2024

A get-straight-back-onto-it food haul

I haven't done a food haul for ages, have I?  

This is exactly what I have just come back with from Morrisons.  Very little of it shouts 'full meal' because I have more than adequate supplies of eggs, cheese, meat, canned stuff, etc, already in cupboard, fridge and freezer.  Really, I just needed fresh.

Fruit.  
I already had oranges, a few apples and some blueberries, not to mention frozen fruit
The melon is a bit of a treat really.
Salad and veg
I was definitely short on salad stuff but no more . . .
Other.
One always leaves something behind when coming home from holiday.  Me?  I left a few slices of my good, home made bread in the little freezer box which I was annoyed about because it will get chucked and it really is nice bread.

I'll put another batch on this afternoon but, in the meanwhile, Morrisons had some really nice looking pumpernickel bread so I got a  loaf.  I don't know if it will could as a B officially, but it will for me.

The bag is a couple of slices of fillet steak.  The way it is cut, I will be able to get three servings from it so, while still expensive, it's not quite as bad as it could have been.  I'm going to treat myself to some on my birthday next week.


I'm rather hoping that this, with what I already have, will see me through until the start of May.
Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. Some lovely fresh food there Joy, that'll get you straight back into the healthy eating. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too, Sooze, thank you. Like you, I just love my fresh produce. xx

      Delete