Tuesday 2 April 2024

Tuesday evening, 02-04-24

Good evening, everyone.  How's your day gone?

I had a lovely chat yesterday (Monday) evening with some ladies who are all working at eating healthily and well.  We're in a group called Slim Win so, if you're interested, do look for it.
And if anyone is reading this from there or from YouTube, big waves and welcomes to you.
(I will showcase some of the Vlogs I really enjoy another time - there's some goodies out there)

After a not terribly Slimming World friendly Easter weekend, I was very thankful to be properly back on it yesterday and again today.  It's tricky when I'm been eating stuff I don't normally eat; I've said it before but I am sure a lot of the very processed foods have addictive qualities and they are hard to stop once I start, even though I know I feel yucky afterwards - bloated and just not 'clean' inside - do you know what I mean?

So it's been hard work these last couple of days but the outcome is so worth the battle, I really believe that and it's a great help to remind myself from time to time - so this is me reminding myself.  😁


What I ate today on Slimming World:

Just a simple cooked breakfast but perfect after a walk to and back from a Groove class.  The last of the block.

Syn free.

Last week, I made an over-beany chilli and had some left over so I popped it in the freezer and today I used it up by mashing it down a bit, adding some cheese and making quesadillas
I added some chopped apple to the coleslaw and had the rest of the apple for dessert.
One healthy extra B, half an A and one syn for salad cream in the coleslaw

And later on, I had an orange and a nibble of cheese for another A

Oh, dear, what a messy plate of food.

I had a go at making more crispy sweet potato fries by using one tsp oil (two syns) and two tsps cornflour, in a poly bag with the fried cut in quarter inch strips and air fried and, while I know they look burnt, the really weren't, and there was a lovely, soft crunch to them - worth three syns any day.
The salad was just left over from lunch.

Six syns for two sausages and three syns for the fries.

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
ten syns


Tomorrow's meal plans:

B:  rice pudding, yogurt and banana
SW:  half a healthy extra A

L:  cheesy beans on toast; fruit
Good old comfort food - and why not!  :-)
SW:  one healthy extra B and half an A

D:  pork and apple meatballs, tomato sauce, penne pasta, cheese; fruit
Using 100g pork mince, some grated apple, onion, cheese, seasonings and whatever I use for the sauce.
SW:  two syns for cheese in the breadcrumbs, half a healthy extra A for grated cheese


Exercise:  I have my weekly personal training session tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment