Wednesday 3 April 2024

Wednesday evening, 03-04-24

Good evening, everyone.
Over the next few days, I thought I might waffle on about things that really help while on the Slimming World structure.  It will all be very personal, I'll be saying what works for me.  Everyone's different and it's really about what works best for every individual so what I have learned and what I do won't work for everyone but it might help or encourage someone.

The first one, by a country mile, is planning
Slimming World encourages planning and planning makes doing Slimming World a little less hit and miss, I find.

As they say - if you fail to plan, you plan to fail!

Oh, my goodness, I really couldn't have done it without considerable amounts of meal planning.  Some people are so lucky and can go from meal to meal, deciding at the last minute what they're going to have.  Some can finish one meal and decide the next.  I wish I could but the truth is I'd be too prone to just going with what I fancied which might or might not actually be that good for me.  The number of times I have thought 'Oh, I really fancy a . . . ' and, 99/100 times it's something rubbishy, ultra processed, high fat or sugar - or both!  If I've properly planned, there's less chance of falling for that one.

Planning gives me direction for the day, I can prepare things early, get things out of the freezer to thaw, I can ensure I have all the 'component parts' of what feels like a very healthy day's planning and, importantly, in this day and age, it helps me not to waste food, either by not using up leftovers or by popping out for extra unplanned  items that all cost more money!  And it frees up my mind so I'm not constantly thinking of what the next meal could be.

For me, there are two parts to planning - one is the actual planning beforehand and the other is  reflective.  I have a sheet on my PC for the former and this blog is the reflective/accountability bit.
Works for me!

And this is what I use each week.  Can you tell I was a teacher - change the headings and you get something close to a daily lesson planning sheet!

(feel free to borrow/adapt, if you like - it's just a Word table)

One other thing.   I'll be going to Jen's Thursday evening group this week so, by the time tomorrow's post goes live, I will have been and come back. 
It Will Not Be Good.   I reckon I'm looking at a three pound gain.
Do I mind?  Well, no, not really.  I made my choices over the weekend and when you accept a certain way to go, you also accept the probable destination.  It'll be fine over the longer term.

What I ate today on Slimming World:

Breakfast was some vanilla flavoured yogurt on the bottom, then some warmed up rice pudding with sliced banana and a sprinkle of banana bread seasoning.
half a healthy extra A for milk and I have no idea whether the seasoning carried any syns.

Beans on toast for lunch.  It was going to be cheesy but I forgot!

One healthy extra B and one syn for some brown sauce in the beans.

Afters was an orange.
I made some rather tasty pork and apple meatballs for dinner.

100g lean pork mince
one rosemary and red onion sausage
half an onion, chopped and softened in spray oil in the microwave
15g finely grated cheddar
about a quarter of an apple, grated
garlic granules, cinnamon, salt and pepper

Mix it all together and shape into balls.  Brown all over and then finish cooking in the sauce, covered.

The sauce was 
the other half onion, sliced
one roasted red pepper from a jar, sliced
some sliced mushroom
some passata - I used passata made with last year's garden tomatoes and it was lovely
bit of seasoning and a bit of chicken stock powder

I cooked 40g penne pasta and mixed the lot together with some grated cheddar on top

one and a half healthy extra As

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
one syn plus whatever the banana bread seasoning was.


Tomorrow's meal plans:

B:  avocado/guacamole bagel, egg, mushrooms and tomatoes
SW:  one healthy extra B and two syns for avocado

L:  meatball omelette roll, side salad; fruit
I have two meatballs left so I will cook some tomatoes and mushrooms, make an omelette with a bit of cheese, roll the meatballs, mushrooms and tomatoes in the omelette, sprinkle over cheese and serve with a simple salad.
SW:  up to one healthy extra A

D:  not sure
I've realised I can't have what I had planned because I'll be going to SW group so I have to think again.
Edited next morning - stuffed peppers, that's what I'm making.  I saw it on a YouTube channel and thought 'That's it!'.  Slightly adapted to work with what I have, here's the link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOK4luB0D9Y
SW:  probably just one healthy extra A

Exercise:  SET online

No comments:

Post a Comment