Thursday 11 April 2024

Thursday evening, 11-04-24

Good evening, everyone!  
A break from vlog call-outs for a day to say other stuff.  :-)

After my couple of weeks of using up leftovers and batch meals from the freezer (very successful, well worth the minimal effort it took), this week I've been going through my other freezer bags - the bread products bag, the chicken, pork and veggie bag and the meat, fish and lamb bag.
It was well worth it - I really won't have to buy much meat for several weeks and, while it will all eventually run out and need replacing, I'm in a place where I can do what Frugal Queen in France does and buy when there's an offer of some kind.  Every little helps, as they say.

Also, I've been sitting down and planning meals for some time I will be away soon.  It's self catering but there is the option to eat out or get takeaways.
It was more than a bit of a surprise, but a very pleasant one, when I started pencilling in meals, to realise that what I really want to do most of the time is continue to make my own meals because I enjoy them so much more.  I've been aiming for that mindset (I think you'd call it a mindset) for a while so a feeling well chuffed.
I think I will get one take away one evening (and it will do lunch the following day) because - well, holiday!  But I may very well change my mind on that one too.
And There Will Be Alcohol.  Yup!  The wagon time is over - temporarily!

I'll continue posting and photoing though.
What I ate today:

I totally forgot to photo breakfast.  It was blackberry and apple with some yogurt and it was lovely.  

Utterly delish cheese and chutney toastie with carrot, celery and tomatoes.  So, so good

One and a half healthy extra As, one healthy extra B and one and a half syns.

Later on, I had a couple of plums.

Then I had more fruit - banana and easy peelers and a nibble of cheese, which meant that I wasn't hungry when it came to dinner time, silly me.  
So that was that for the day - no dinner and no photo.  Not the best SW day.


Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
one and a half syns

Tomorrow's meal plans:

B:  waffles or pancakes, fruit and yogurt
The usual treat.  I want to try making a fairly low syn peanut butter sauce using peanut butter powder, reconstituted to think with water, some sweetener and some 0% Greek yogurt just mixed together.  It might work, it might be a disaster, but worth a go.
Real peanut butter sauce is made with peanut butter (obviously) and some sort of syrup, warmed together but that sounds terribly sweet and high in syns.
I'll let you know.
SW:  half a healthy extra B for wholemeal SR flour

L:  sausage pasta, side salad; fruit
Using some chicken Italia sausages, some chorizo and some garden tomato passata from last year
SW:  one and a half syns for three chipolatas, two syns for a bit of chorizo and one A for cheese

D:  something with duck.
For a long time, I have had a couple of duck legs that have been cooked sous vide.  I think they were part of a Hello Fresh box and I subbed them and popped them in the freezer.  I will warm them up, take the meat off the bone and make - well, something.Maybe an orange sauce?  And some vegetable couscous?
SW:  not known at present

Exercise:  a pre record on YouTube.


No comments:

Post a Comment