Sunday 14 April 2024

Sunday evening, 14-04024

Good evening, everyone!

What I ate today:

OK, so I had a go at making a stuffed waffle.  What you see wasn't the first attempt - that was a disaster!!
I wasn't sure how the usual batter would work so I doubled the amount and it was actually more than enough (assuming it comes out OK).
It was nice but the centre wasn't quite cooked - I think I need to try the proper waffle batter (and blow the syns) until; I'm used to it.

One healthy extra B and three syns for the sauce.
Roast dinner seeing as it's been Sunday and I can affirm that duck fat does indeed make very nice roasties.

Two syns for one tsp fat and the rest is syn free.

Later on I had an orange.

Dinner was not at all what I planned but when I had sorted out the fridge, I looked at what I had and . . .

I peeled a potato and thinly sliced it before soaking for a couple of hours.|
In an ovenproof dish I sprayed the bottom with oilt and then layered potato, three bacon medallions, more potato, sliced onion (plus seasonings), then sprayed, covered and baked in Nellie the Ninja for well over an hour before removing the foil and giving it another fifteen minutes to brown off the top.  Then I added grated cheese and gave it another ten minutes (yes, it took all of that time so I was glad I used Nellie and not the oven) so the cheese melted.
Very ad hoc, I know, but it was delicious and I will do it again.
Two healthy extra As.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
no idea of syns as I attacked the nuts again.   Ooops a daisy!


Tomorrow's meal plans:

B:  rice pudding, fruit and yogurt
The last of the rice pudding from the freezer.  Must make some more when I get home.
SW:  two syns for the milk.

L:  ham sandwich, finger salad; fruit
- using a couple of triangles instead of butter.
SW:  one and a half healthy extra As, one healthy extra B

D:  steak, chips, salad; fruit
A bit of a treat but not too difficult.
However, I am also having wine.  Naughty me!
SW:  one syn for salad cream and no idea how many for the wine.

Exercise:  lots of walking, maybe a swim.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hun fabulous recipes how do you make your rice pudding thanking you sincerely ❣️❣️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I'm away right now but when I get home, I'll look it up and post about it - hoping that's OK. xx

      Delete