Saturday 13 April 2024

Saturday evening, 13-04-24

Good evening, everyone!

When I was on the Christmas cruise, one of the very nicest breakfasts I had was fresh fruit, plain yogurt and granola.  It was so nice that I have decided to reproduce that when I am away so, earlier today, I made a batch of granola in the air fryer.  It isn't exactly Slimming World friendly, not with oil and sugar (in the form of a mix of maple syrup, honey and agave nectar because I had some dregs of maple syrup and agave nectar so wanted to use it up)  and all those nuts and seeds, but it is pretty healthy and you don't use much at a time.  I made the full amount and will take some with me in a pot.  The recipe says it keeps for ages so let's hope that is correct.
I will work out the calories at some point but it's not a priority right now.

What I ate today:

After making the granola, with all the naughty nut nibbling (well, wouldn't you?), I wasn't feeling that hungry so changed my plans to just some fruit.  With the nuts, it all kept me going through some serious gardening and two loads of washing, until around two, when it was lunch time.

I have no idea of how many syns my nibbling cost me, not the foggiest, sorry.  

I'm really chuffed with the plum sauce - it was even nicer second day (recipe in yesterday's blog) and the wrap was just like that Chinese starter, shredded duck.
Lunch was so delicious.

One healthy extra B and let's say two syns for the rest of the sauce, to be on the safe side.

Nowhere near as colourful but just as delicious.  A nice, straightforward spag bol and now I only have one more batch meal left in the freezer.  Cheers!

One healthy extra A


Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
no idea of syns because of the nut nibbling but at least it was healthy nibbling!

Tomorrow's meal plans:

B:  filled waffle, yogurt
I'm trying a filled waffle today.  It takes more batter so I will be using double quantities, just to make sure I have enough.
SW:  one healthy extra B

L:  lamb leg steak, roasties, steamed veg; fruit
I think I may have enough mint growing to make my own mint sauce  - fingers crossed!
Also, I have pure duck fat from Friday so I'm using a tsp for my roast potatoes - I've never used either duck or goose fat for toasties but it is supposed to make lovely roast potatoes so - here's hoping!
SW:  two syns for gravy, two syns for a tsp of duck fat

D:  I don't know - I have had my B for the day.  Maybe I will cook some chicken and have a simple salad.
Edited Sunday morning:  I think I'm going to make a potato based pizzas type thing using a healthy A

Exercise:  tomorrow will be quite a busy day so I'm counting all the energy used as my exercise!  :-)


2 comments:

  1. Nuts (and crisps) are just far too moreish aren't they? I no longer buy peanuts for that very reason - I do buy almonds, walnuts and cashews but firmly tell myself they're for cooking purposes only, and hide them at the back of the baking cupboard! It generally works.... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horrendously moreish. I may possibly have worked my way through more today but couldn't possibly comment . . .
      I admire your will power. xx

      Delete