Tuesday 9 April 2024

Tuesday evening, 09-04-24

Good evening, everyone!  

There's a lot of support structures out there for those of us trying to lose weight/ get healthier/both.
I follow a number of vlogs on YouTube and I'm going to share some of them with you over the next days.

The first one is the vlog of a lovely lady called Roe.  Roe lives in New York and she vlogs about her journey to weight loss and is currently following the Slimming World plan.
Roe's vlogs are so thoughtful and very supportive and, having 'met' her via a group chat or two, I think she is such a very lovely and caring person.
Here's the link to her vlog.

She also has a private Facebook group which you can find here.

She supports others so much; do pop over, watch her vlog, like and subscribe.

Here's her most recent vlog post.



What I ate today:

Breakfast was just a mixed fruit salad with yogurt - melon, orange, raspberries, strawberries and a bit of kiwi.
Lovely!

Syn free

Cheesy egg salad sandwich for lunch.  I hard boiled two eggs and mashed them with some grated cheese, bit of seasoning and some salad cream as a sandwich filling, using a couple of cheese triangles instead of butter.

One and a half healthy extra As, one healthy extra B and one and a half syns for the salad cream.

Later on, I had an apple and an orange.

Perfect comfort food after quite a chilly and windy day.
The 'gammon' was actually from a pack of cooking bacon and I just got lucky as there were several slices that were big enough for gammon steaks.  I've got one left now.

Two syns for one tsp oil for the chips and half a syn for salad cream.

I had a proper dessert for once.  I blended frozen cherries with yogurt and some skinny syrup to make a soft 'iced dessert'.  Strictly speaking, the cherries should have been synned because they were blended but, seeing as it would all have been syn free had I just dolloped the yogurt onto the cherries, I'm not synning it.  What I did also have was one and a half syns worth of squirty light cream.  It was really nice.

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
five and a half syns
Tomorrow's meal plans:

B:  beans on toast
SW:  one healthy extra B

L:  jacket potato with beans and cheese, side salad; fruit
. . . so I can use up the rest of the beans; one can is way too much for one portion.  I tried getting the smaller cans but they are so much more expensive bought that way.
SW:  one healthy extra A, one syn for salad cream

D:  chicken pasta bake, veg on the side; fruit
I might make this a bit arrabbiata-ish with some chilli flakes and I might add some olives too for extra deliciousness.  If I have any, that is.
SW:  one healthy extra A

Exercise:  gardening, online pre-record.


2 comments:

  1. You can always freeze the half can of beans as you don’t always fancy them because you need to use them up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true and they last in the fridge for a couple of days quite safely too, don't they? I guess I just wanted to use them up today - maybe 'having to finish them off' was just an excuse for 'because I want to' < grin >
      But isn't the price of the smaller cans stupid - not that much cheaper than the ones that are double the amount. Ridiculous! xx

      Delete