Monday 29 April 2024

Monday evening, 29-04-24

Good evening, everyone.  Home again after the loveliest weekend away.
I was at Five Lakes on a Fun and Fitness weekend as part of a group led by Lindsey who has an arrangement with Potters regarding discounts and using some of the facilities for her fitness classes.
Here's the link to the Five Lakes site.

As far as food was concerned, the meals were fantastic.  I didn't really consider 'healthy' although a lot of what was on offer was pretty good.  You could have whatever you wanted on offer and how much you wanted.  So if you really could manage a cooked breakfast followed by a continental one, you could.
Lunch and dinner was three course meals with loads of choice.  For dinner, I tended to go for the carvery - roast beef on Friday, roast gammon on Saturday and roast turkey on Sunday.
And, as an all inclusive breaks, there was alcohol whenever you wanted.

I had a good time!  And I didn't eat loads of rubbish, the food was really good.  I just ate too much.

However, I'm now back home and back on track.  I need to be.  




What I ate today:
Breakfast was at Five Lakes and I had a cooked breakfast:  bacon, sausage, mushrooms, scrambled egg and fried bread, followed by toast.

To slightly counter balance that, I did an energetic aqua class before breakfast and then I did the usual Monday circuits class at twelve.

Lunch:  a cheese and chutney toastie and a very simple salad on the side.
Later on, I had an orange and a pear.

One healthy extra A, one healthy extra B and one and a half syns

I enjoyed dinner.  A sort of hunter's chicken with broccoli and some melon for afters.

One healthy extra A

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
one and a half syns - plus breakfast!



Tomorrow's plans:

B:  bacon, egg, tomatoes and mushrooms

L:  bacon sandwich, salad; fruit
I have some bacon that needs using up./
SW:  one healthy extra B

D:  pasta bolognaise, side veg; fruit
SW:  up to two healthy extra As

Exercise:   Groove and the walk there and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment