Monday 16 September 2024

Monday evening, 16-09-24

Good evening, everyone!   I'm talking to our Slim Win group about the Mediterranean diet later, not something I am used to doing but I've done my preparation and they know I am in no way an expert, just a 'do-er' so fingers crossed it will be informative enough.  

What I ate today

I was feeling a bit peckish before Circuits so I had an apple and some nuts, thus having a healthy extra B first thing.

Breakfast itself was a big bowl of very juicy watermelon topped with yogurt and chia seeds.  It was delicious.

One syn for the chia seeds.
For lunch, I knocked together a mixed salad topped with feta, olives and turkey, all tossed in the second half of the dressing I made yesterday.

One healthy extra A for the feta, one syn for the olives and three and a half syns for the salad dressing.

Later on, I had three very small easy peelers, three wizened plums and an over-ripe pear!.

The spaghetti with sardines was delicious but looks extremely messy.  Oh, well . . .
I had a bit of sweet potato and broccoli left from yesterday so I added that and also added some lemon zest and juice.  It was nice but next time I am adding the sardines right at the end so they don't just mush down.  Well, I can try . . .

Six syns for evoo and one for olives.  The rest was free/speed.


Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
twelve and a half syns
My meal plans for tomorrow:

B:  fruit, yogurt and seeds

L:   tomatoes on toast with a poached egg; fruit
h m bread, tomatoes from the garden cooked in evoo -  nice!

D:  asparagus carbonara, side salad; fruit
from the Jamie Five Ingredients Mediterranean recipe book, p 98

Exercise:  Groove class and the walk there and back.  

No extra bit today.

No comments:

Post a Comment