Thursday 19 September 2024

Thursday evening, 19-09-24 and a reflective waffle

Good evening, everyone!  
Weigh in first thing tomorrow and I think I have pretty much maintained which is what I want.  Maybe a pound up or down but I'd expect that from week to week.
Fingers crossed, anyway.

I want to just say something about my 'reflective waffle' at the end, me just thinking out loud really.  I'm aware that it might come across as if I am so far up my own backside I could roll up a hill but . . .

We're all responsible for our own well being; I live alone and therefore am super responsible.  Yes, I have two children (!) but they have their own busy lives to lead and I really don't want to be any more of a potential burden on them than I can possibly manage.
I have LPAs for both Health and Finance, I have a savings pot for possible longer term care, I have an up to date and relevant will, I have no debts, I live independently and I consider it a real responsibility to keep myself as fit and healthy as I can reasonably manage.
The waffle below is a part of that so, please, if you read it, be kind and understand.
Thank you so much.
What I ate today

I've finished the pineapple but the melon is going on and on and on.  :-)
Half a syn for the chia seeds in the jam.

Later on, I had an apple.
I can't find this recipe anywhere online but it was easy.  I just air fried the salmon and the tabbouleh was bulgur wheat, tomatoes, pepper, cucumber, red onion, parsley and a dressing made with olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and garlic.

Six syns - I had a full tbsp evoo in the dresing.

Dinner looked kind of messy but it was delicious and so simple.  I roasted garlic, onion, broccoli, pepper, mushroom and baby corn in evoo, cooked some tagliatelle, put it all together and stirred in one tbsp creme fraiche light and 30g grated cheddar.
Really good.
One healthy extra A, three syns for some evoo and one and a half syns for the creme fraiche.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
eleven syns



My meal plans for tomorrow:  
it is Eat-Your-Syns- Day, of course, and I have double syns as a target member so . . .

B:  fruit, yogurt and seeds - because I just love it.  Might make it 5% Greek yogurt for extra creaminess.

L:  pancakes or waffles and I am thinking of making them savoury, also of adding some evoo to the mix, fruit and yogurt or tomatoes and a side salad.  Then fruit, if I went savoury

D:  fish and chips, salad; fruit
I have some seasoned haddock (I think it is haddock) from Aldi which needs using up and I haven't had chips for weeks.  That makes this a real Friday treat!

Exercise:   rest day

The Extra Bit

My scales are those slightly posh Renpho ones, the kind that link to an app on my phone.  I haven't really used them because I went for weekly weigh-ins at SW group but, just for now, I am monitoring between Fridays, at home, and this morning I remembered to get my phone and connect scales to phone.
It measures other stuff apart from just weight and I was interested in what it said, bearing in mind that the readings are very general, not necessarily 100% accurate.

  • My BMI is now 22.9 which I am well pleased with (I remember when it was well over 40)
  • Body fat, interestingly, is still just into the obese band (although I am obviously not obese in any obvious way) - I know where it is too - tops of legs and bum - the classic female problem.
  • Visceral fat is 6 which is good - this is the fat that is found around human organs, mainly in the abdominal cavity and the most 'dangerous' kind of fat.  I'm really very happy with that one.
  • Subcutaneous fat is 32.8 - in the high banding - that's the fat stored in the skin.
  • Muscle mass is just into the normal banding, at the very lowest end
  • Skeletal muscle is just into the low banding - not brilliant
  • Bone mass is at the top of average, almost into above average - that's really good, especially at my age.
  • My basal metabolic rate (the minimum amount of energy I need to just survive) is 1211 kcals

As I say, several pinches of salt and I'm not stressing about any of it but there are clear trends and it gives me some things to work on.

I need to improve my muscle mass - Lindsey can help with this.  I don't like weights but . . . maybe!
I could do with losing a bit more fat as I gain muscle tone.  That's not the same as losing weight, of course.
Note to self - put more energy and effort into fitness classes and push myself a bit more.  After all, it's down to me, not anyone else.

I'll look up subcutaneous fat as I don't know anything about it really.  

So - alongside the focus on sorting out my bad cholesterol, I am also going to focus on a very healthy eating routine and improving muscle tone so my weight stays the same.
If I remember, I will review again at the end of October.
Can't promise to remember though 😉

It's good to have a focus.


No comments:

Post a Comment