Sunday 8 September 2024

Sunday evening, 08-09-24 - such a delicious day today

Good evening, everyone!  
Good news - for me, that is.  I got on the scales this morning and I have lost a bit more weight since before I went away.  Not loads, around a pound, but I'm not looking to lose loads, I just want to sit comfortably in the middle of my Happy Zone.  I'm well pleased with that.
I'm also pleased that all my clothes fit nicely again instead of feeling uncomfortably tight.  Such a relief.

I am working to get properly back into my 16-8 eating window again.  Obviously, while away, one fits in with what ones hostess does.  Today, I lasted until about quarter to eleven before having breakfast so nearly there.  The other meals are fine, it's just breakfast.

What I ate today

Here's breakfast.  It was quite a whoppa but I have fruit to use up that I put into vacuum containers before I went away (which worked a treat but I need to use it up now).  I had a pear, a plum, some melon, raspberries and strawberries.  I carefully weighed out walnuts and pumpkin seeds to make a healthy extra B and added half a tsp chia seeds to the yogurt (no more, remembering the - er - the explosive effect last time) which I pre-soaked in the yogurt for about an hour.
It was super delish, it really was.
One healthy extra B for the nuts and seeds and as for the chia seeds, a level tbsp is one and a half syns and I had half on one tsp so I'm not counting it.

(and no chia issues this time, phew)

I do love a colourful salad!
OK, so this was some garlic toasted focaccia with smashed avocado, smoked salmon and some chopped tomato and onion plus a salad.
The focaccia is a B, the avocado is two and a half syns, the olives are one syn, the garlic oil is one syn and I made a mini salad dressing with one tsp olive oil for two syns, half a tsp balsamic vinegar (free), a very small bit of maple syrup and Dijon mustard which I am calling half a syn for both.  So that totals seven syns - I think . . .
(I wrote it all down as I used it)

Later on I had a small bowl of strawberries, grapes and melon.

Dinner was a recipe from the Quick Roasting Tin recipe book and oh, my word, it was so, so good (page 36, if you have the book).
I did some subs to work with what I had - toasted sesame oil instead of just sesame oil, peanut butter powder instead of crunchy peanut butter, pumpkin seeds instead of chopped salted peanuts, chilli flakes instead of fresh chilli, lettuce instead of spinach and it all worked.  And I decided to serve it with bulgur wheat rather then rice or noodles.  Quicker and I'm becoming addicted to the stuff - it's lovely!
I found the recipe online here.

Now for the values:  the toasted sesame oil was three syns, the peanut butter powder was one and a half syns and the pumpkin seeds were one syn.  The rest was all speed or free.

I was full up so no dessert needed and I closed the eating window.

Summary:
no healthy extra As - ooops
two healthy extra Bs (I can have an extra A or B as a target member)
twelve and a half syns - that's better and most of them come from healthy oils/fats.  Just what I need.
My meal plans for tomorrow:

B:  fruit and yogurt with pumpkin seeds on top

L:  bean and veg soup, focaccia for dunking; fruit
It's not supposed to be a particularly nice day tomorrow according to the BBC; bit chilly too so  Autumnal soup is calling!  I've planned a bean salad for Tuesday so I can use half the beans for the soup and the other half for the salad.  Perfick!

D:  Spanish chicken bake, maybe some bulgur wheat, maybe side salad (depends how much the recipe makes); fruit

Exercise:   a walk or a Lindsey class on YouTube.




4 comments:

  1. Another lovely day of eating for you Joy! Yum! Sending hugsxx ❤️ Roe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so loving this Mediterranean vibe, Roe. So colourful and such wonderful flavours.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Your meals look delicious. I may have to recreate them.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very kind - please feel free and I hope it helps. :-)
      xx

      Delete