Thursday 5 September 2024

Thursday morning, 05-09-24

Good morning, everyone!  As half expected, I wasn't able to post yesterday evening and, while I remembered to take a breakfast photo, my friend and I were talking way too hard for me to remember lunch and dinner photos so I will post the one and give a verbal description of the others!
What I ate yesterday:

This was breakfast.  I treated myself to one of those pancake/tortilla/omelette pans, the kind with a bigger base and minimal sides.  It is the perfect size for a two egg omelette when you want it as a kind of wrap rather than a filled omelette or frittata kind of thing.  I just fried mushrooms and tomatoes in a little olive oil to go inside and it was both finning and easy on the time - perfect for before a two hour journey.

For lunch, Suzanne had prepared a tuna and rice salad with tomatoes, roasted red pepper (from a jar) and evoo mixed in and we had a cucumber and leaves salad on the side.  It was delicious.  Afters was a pear that needed using up (I'm not the only one that does this, as I?) and then I had an apple as well.

Then, for dinner, we jointly made a mushroom and goats cheese tart - the kind of thing where you lay out a sheet of puff pastry and put things on it so the sides rise up when it is baked.  the 'things' were some crème fraiche, sliced mushrooms, assorted herbs and some rounds of goat's cheese and it was absolutely delicious - I am going to take a photo of the recipe.  Not, strictly speaking, Mediterranean but the mixed salad we had with it was and the way we ate undoubtedly was.  No red wine but we talked and talked and talked so the meal took well over an hour to enjoy.  Very Med in style.
No dessert!
No Slimming World summary either, it's just not possible.  I will resume them when I get home.
My meal plans for tomorrow:

B:  I think breakfast will be mostly fruit based.  There's pineapple that needs using, apples, loads really!

L:   Either the rest of the mushroom and goats cheese tart or the tuna rice, maybe both!

D:  I think it might be salmon and leeks done in some way but I'm not sure.  It's up to my friend.

Exercise:   plenty of walking today.

No comments:

Post a Comment