Sunday 15 September 2024

Sunday evening, 15-09-24 and the Mediterranean diet pyramid

Good evening, everyone!  

What I ate today

The fruit today was pineapple and melon with seven yellow raspberries from canes in the garden.  I put the yogurt and chia seeds in first and sprinkled the other seeds on top.  Really tasty
Two syns for the seeds.

Later on, I had a small apple.  
Lunch is a bit difficult to syn really.  I used spray evoo for the roasties which goes a long way and the cranberry and apple sauce was free because I don't syn cooked fruit.
It was really delish.

I'm calling it six syns for the spray evoo for lunch and also sprayed on the bread for the dinner toastie.

I would argue that this conforms to the Mediterranean principle with lean poultry and lots of fresh veg all cooked from scratch/fresh.  And the evoo.

Later on, I had some mixed nuts for a healthy extra B

I have turkey leftovers so used some up in this toastie along with the last of the cranberry sauce and some grated hard goat's cheese.

I made a dressing with some raspberry vinegar, evoo, mustard and a but of maple syrup and I am calling it three and a half syns (I have half the dressing left for tomorrow).

The bread is the wholegrain, there's plenty of healthy oil, the cheese and the turkey are the proteins and there's a load of fruit and veg.  It may look 'western' but it conforms.  😇

So one healthy extra A (cheese), one healthy extra B (bread) and three and a half syns.

Today's summary:
one healthy extra A
two healthy extra Bs
eleven and a half syns, all for evoo, seeds and nuts.

My meal plans for tomorrow:

B:  fruit, yogurt and seeds

L: turkey, feta and olive salad

D:  spaghetti with sardines

Exercise:  Circuits at Shimmy Studio - three cheers!

The Extra Bit
I found this when I was presenting a talk for the lovely Slim Win group.  It is the Mediterranean equivalent of the food pyramid.
It's nice and visual, isn't it?  



No comments:

Post a Comment