Saturday 14 September 2024

Saturday evening, 14-09-24 and info on healthy extra B seeds and nuts

Good evening, everyone!  

What I ate today

Inspired by the autumnal tut in town, I gave this a seasonal vibe with apple, plums and the remains of the blueberries plus yogurt, seeds and gingerbread skinny syrup, sprinkled over with cinnamon.  It was lovely
A bit of a B for the seeds.

I got out one of the frozen soup bases for lunch.  I used one tsp evoo to soften mushroom, red pepper and one baby corn, then added some Thai seven spice mix (no idea if it has to be synned or not as I got it from the spice stall in the market) and six tbsps coconut oil (the full fat kind, before adding the soup base and mixing it together.  It was blimmin' lovely!

Just under one healthy extra B for the focaccia (I'll combine it with the breakfast seeds to make one B), two syns for oil in the soup base and two used today plus six for the coconut milk.  Syn heavy but worth every last calorie of it!

Dinner was from the Good Food Cheap Eats kindle book - sadly, I couldn't find it online.  It was simple enough - I softened onion, red pepper and mushroom in some evoo, added some reduced fat creme fraiche and some cooked tagliatelle.  I had a go at making the tagliatelle and I thought it was going to be a disaster but actually it was OK - not that smooth because it had wholewheat flour but great flavour.  I have no idea how to syn it so am calling it 'free'.
Two syns for the oil and three for the creme fraiche.
And that was that for the day.

Summary:
no healthy extra As
one (and maybe a bi) healthy extra B
fifteen syns - top of the allowance but that's perfectly OK.  Must include some As tomorrow thoush, somehow.




My meal plans for tomorrow:

B:  fruit, yogurt and seeds

L:  Alex (grandson) is over for Sunday lunch and has asked could I make a roast dinner, so . . .
roast turkey, roast potato and sweet potato, carrots, broccoli and leeks; fruit

D:  turkey salad - gotta use up the leftovers - with bulgur wheat; fruit
Or, to use As, I could do a cheese turkey toastie, couldn't I?

Exercise:   not much.  Roll on Monday when circuits starts again.
The Extra Bit

In response to a comment yesterday, here's some info about nuts and seeds.
These can all be a B choice (equivalent to six syns, roughly)
20 almonds or 25g flaked almonds
6 brazil nuts
15 cashew nuts
2 level tbsp chia seeds or flaxseeds or linseeds
25 hazelnuts
20g mixed nuts
35 unsalted peanuts
11 pecan halves
5 walnut halves
2 level dsps (20 mls) pine nuts
40 pistachio nuts
2 level tbsp pumpkin, sesame or sunflower seeds

All oils have to be synned at 6 syns per level tbsp so half a tsp is one syn.  Olive oil, especially extra virgin, is fairly universally acknowledged to have heart healthy properties.  I think the jury is a bit out out on seed oils and other oils are definitely not that heart-healthy.  Evoo is best because it is closest to the natural product with minimal processing.  

Most info taken from the SW book in the member's pack!  Hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment