Tuesday 3 September 2024

Tuesday evening, 03-09-24 and ouch!

Good evening, everyone!  
I'm not going to be able to plan my meals for a few days and may not be able to blog much at all so, if there's nothing here from me, don't worry, I will be back Saturday at some point - maybe morning with plans, maybe evening as usual.

I had to make changes to today's plans after going to the dentist expecting root canal work and a crown and leaving minus a tooth that had cracked and was therefore not suitable for a crown.  So today has been soft food, paracetamol and not much chewing, certainly not on the right side.
What I ate today:

I popped the bagel back into the freezer (you can re-freeze bread fine) and instead I mashed the avocado with some seasoning and a drop of olive oil, fried some tomatoes and made an omelette, spreading the avocado over the omelette and rolling it up.  Not much chewing and tasty!
Two and a half syns for avocado and two syns for one tsp olive oil


For lunch, I really enjoyed lemon and olive baked salmon with a side salad but I left out the pumpkin seeds I had planned to have in the salad.  I chopped a few olives to sprinkle over the salmon and had the rest, halved, in the salad because they are pretty soft.
25g pitted black olives was one and a half syns and two syns for one tsp lemon oil.


Dinner:  I was going to have a traybake but I changed that to chopped up chicken in tomato sauce with some quinoa and runner beans.  I had some crumbled feta on top.
Two syns for oil to cook the sauce and one heathy extra A

Summary:
one healthy extra A
no healthy extra Bs - they tend to be rather chewy
ten syns, six of which are for a tbsp olive oil


My meal plans for tomorrow:

B:  omelette with tomatoes and mushrooms

L: unknown

D:  unknown

Exercise:   probably lots of walking

6 comments:

  1. Ouch indeed, I feel for you Joy. At least you can plan yourself good healthy soft meals (as and when you feel like eating), and your choices for today look and sound lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. It's uncomfortable but OK . . . xx

      Delete
  2. Awwww.poor you nothing worse than trouble with your teeth...
    Take care xx
    P.s it's Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jo. Teeth can be a right pain from beginning to end, can't they? Thanks, Jo. xx

      Delete
  3. Hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it's not so bad really, better than toothache anyway! :-) I just have to be careful to chew on the other side! xx

      Delete