Thursday 12 September 2024

Thursday evening, 12-09-24 and lots of new recipes

Good evening, everyone!  

Weigh day tomorrow and I am very interested in what the scales will say at group.  While I doubt I have got right back to my target weight (as opposed to my Happy Zone), I am pretty sure I have lost a bit more although it is never a good idea to rely on non group scales as different scales can, and usually do, weigh differently.


What I ate today

Breakfast was a bit of a muddle.  I had to take the car in to have one outstanding thing from the annual service sorted.  I took a couple of apples with me and I'm glad I did because I wasn't home until past twelve.
When I got home, I had this - a reduced version of that I would otherwise have had because I had had the apples and it was pretty close to lunch time.  I didn't want to just miss it out because I know from experience that it catches up with me later on.

Half a syn for the chia seeds and half for the pumpkin seeds
Originally, I had planned smashed avocado and smoked salmon but then I remembered I had the second portion of hummus so I had that with plum chutney instead.  So good!

One healthy extra B, four syns for the hummus, one for some evoo spray and one for the chutney.

This is what I made for dinner.
https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/chicken-tomato-feta-and-lemon-salad/
I reduced it to one portion, used 10mls evoo in the chicken mixture and 5 mls plus 2.5 mls lemon juice to make a very simple salad dressing and the salad was grated carrot, shredded white cabbage, shredded lettuce and some diced red pepper.  Very tasty and very filling.
One healthy extra A for the feta and six syns for the evoo

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
eleven syns 

 

My meal plans for tomorrow:  I'm going a bit more old school tomorrow - because it is Friday and because I fancy it - but will try to give it a Mediterranean twist (i.e. use evoo)!  Details tomorrow evening.

B:  overnight oats

L:   pancakes, fruit and yogurt

D:  something fish and chippy

Exercise: 



The Extra Bit

When I opened up my Kindle last night, up popped an advert for a BBC Good Food recipe book for Mediterranean Diet recipes that was very cheap, just £1.99.  I downloaded a sample to look at and got links to others, all from BBC Good Food on different themes, all between £.99 and £2,99.
So now I have a number of really useful recipe books to explore and enjoy.  BBC Good food recipes are pretty good, reliable, sensible, not too tricky and with nutritional info included.

Now, I am pretty sure all the recipes are on the site but to find them you have to know what they are in the first place.  My head is now buzzing with new-to-me recipes that I would never have discovered otherwise.
If you have a Kindle, they are worth a look - you can download sample pages completely free which is really helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment