Saturday 7 September 2024

Saturday evening, 07-09-24 - home again, back to normal and new cookery books

Good evening, everyone!  
I've had such a lovely time away, staying with a very long standing friend.  She's introduced me to a new cookery book and it was on the door mat when I got home.  I've had a wonderful; few hours looking through and marking recipes I want to try fairly pronto!  Starting with dinner tomorrow!


This is it and it really does have some delicious meals in it - two of which Suzanne and I made this past week and which I will want to make again, for sure.

I also had a lot of fun leafing through Jamie's 5 Ingredients Mediterranean book and that, too, looks a bit like a porcupine with post-its sticking out in all directions.

These next weeks are going to be fun!

And I must step on those scales tomorrow morning to assess any damage!



What I ate today

I forgot to take a photo of breakfast so instead I will treat you to a photo of what I picked from the garden when I got home.  Lovely veg!
Breakfast was fruit salad (apple, kiwi, strawberries, blueberries and grapes) with some Greek yogurt.
Syn free.
For lunch, I got a portion of bolognaise out of the freezer and thawed it.  It was a bit watery and I wanted it to do two meals so I added some bulgur wheat which added fibre, flavour and thickening.
Then I made a two egg omelette, spooned on some of the bolognaise, crumbled over one As worth of  feta cheese, rolled it up and had it with a side salad.  Very tasty.
Afters was a small apple and some melon.
One healthy extra A and two syns for one tsp olive oil.

This kept me full until dinner - no fruity snack needed in between.

I had the rest of the bolognaise mince with added bulgur wheat left and I remembered that I had some butter beans in the freezer so I got them out, added some roasted red pepper, some seasoning and some chilli flakes plus some cooked wholewheat penne and a dollop of Greek yogurt and it made a very tasty and substantial dinner.
The whole thing was syn free.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
no healthy extra B
two syns - quite low, not much olive oil, but I will try to do better tomorrow.  
My meal plans for tomorrow:

B:  fruit and yogurt with seeds and chopped walnuts

L:   garlic toasted focaccia with smashed avocado and smoked salmon, side salad; fruit

D:  chilli peanut beef with red peppers, sweetcorn and spring onions; fruit

Exercise: a Lindsey pre record on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment