Sunday 1 September 2024

Sunday evening, 01-09-24 and spoilt for choice

Good evening, everyone!  
Well - I have discovered the fail-safe remedy for constipation and it's natural.
Yup - chia seeds!!!  Ooops!
Must remember to soak them properly next time and see if that makes any difference - and go back to half a tsp at a time!  😉
What I ate today

One of the things about the Mediterranean way of eating is that it emphasises eating local, organic, as close to the ground as possible.  Not so easy when you live in Mid-Essex and farmers' markets are not only few and far between but also twice the price!  It's not something I am fretting over but it's always nice when you can follow that bit and the breakfast fruit was very local - the garden across the cul-de-sac (thanks, Chris) and Lathcoats, just the other side of town where they have plum trees and sell the fruit in the shop.
So this was stewed apple and plum (no - not synning it!!) with some Greek yogurt and a sort of muesli mix of toasted oats and a few seeds and nuts, weighed out to I know they make one healthy extra B all together.

Lunch was the chicken piccata with garlicky greens (in this case, broccoli and runner beans because that's what I had) and I had bulgur wheat instead of new potatoes, finishing off with an apple.
Very nice.

Four syns for evoo.

Dinner/evening meal was my favourite toastie and, as the tomatoes are glutting at the moment, I decided to just have some of them.  I love tomatoes.  Afters was some cherry froyo.

One healthy extra A, one healthy extra B and two syns for the oil in the bean mix and two syns for oil to make garlic oil which I brushed over the outside of the toastie.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
two healthy extra Bs
eight syns, all for evoo!



My meal plans for tomorrow:

B:  a fruit platter/salad with some seeds - I have plenty of nice fruit to enjoy

L: bean and tuna dip with crudités and garlic toasted focaccia fingers; fruit
The last of the tuna and bean salad mix - it's done three things - the salad, mashed down to make a filler for a toastie and now this dip blended with some lemon juice, Philly light and some toasted sesame oil, all generous portions.  I definitely over synned it for three servings but not to worry, to some extent it is numbers on the board at the moment.

D:  aromatic herb crusted cod on beans, tomatoes on the side and I have some bulgur wheat left over as well; fruit

Exercise:  there's no classes for the next two weeks so I need to motivate myself.   I have loads of Lindsey class videos on YouTube so no excuses.  I'll do a Groove class today.

The extra bit:

Pretty much everything I have read or watched so far emphasises that in the ideal Mediterranean meal there should be three components.  These are . . .
healthy oils and fats
fibre
lean protein

healthy oils and fats:  olive oil, nuts, seeds, oily fish, avocado
fibre:  nuts, seeds, wholegrains, fruit, vegetables
protein:  pulses (what some call 'legumes'), fish, eggs, lean poultry, nuts, seeds, a bit of red meat, yogurt, cheese, etc

Spoilt for choice really, aren't I?

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful blog Joy Ty! Everything looked delicious! HugsXx ❤️ Roe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roe. I've enjoyed my meals very much today. xx

      Delete