Friday 20 December 2019

Friday, 20-12-19

Good morning.

All week I've been pondering on certain changes I need to make after a not-so-good blood test that found my cholesterol and blood pressure are both up.  The BP is down again after a change of meds so that's OK and here's a summary of what I'm try in order to get the cholesterol levels sorted.
1.  Have oats nearly every day.
2.  Aim for as much fibre as possible.  Linked to that, if needed, have one healthy extra A and two Bs rather than the other way round.
3.  Restrict eating times to between eight thirty and seven, shorter when my schedule permits.
4.  Have one of those enriched yogurt drinks every day.  From what I have read, it really does make a difference and, for two syns and using supermarket own brands, it is affordable.
5.  Cut down on red meat.  Three meat days (mostly poultry) , two oily fish days and two vegetarian days each week, more or less.
6.  Cut down on salt as much as possible.  Sugar is less of an issue for me but, even so, I need to be more aware
7.  Focus more on foods that have been shown to lower cholesterol and be careful with foods containing high levels of saturated fat.

If all of the above doesn't have its desired effect, I will accept that I need to go on statins. 
I have until June.

The strawberry fluff went down very well yesterday at the Christmas thingy.  At two and a half syns for the whole lot (what's in the photo is about two thirds, it makes a lot because it's filled with air bubbles), you can't go wrong really.  I will try using a lemon jelly and an orange Mullerlight next.  I think that will be lovely!

Photo taken by our group leader.

Today's plans:
B:  porridge with blueberries, cinnamon and natural yogurt, yogurt mini drink
SW:  half a healthy extra A, one B and two syns

L:  I have a good friend around for lunch and am doing cheese and not-wine (ie, schloer) with fruit so I have absolutely no idea of the SW values.  I'll have just a little bit of cheese and fill up with fruit - I have strawberries, blueberries, apples and easy peeler oranges..

D:  Chicken in orange with rice, side salad, apple
This is from the new Pinch of Nom book and the rice is half of a pouch of wholegrain, wild and red rice from Aldi.
SW:  one and a half syns for the rice and, from what I can see, the rest is free

Body magic:  none planned but it will be a fairly active day really.

I'll be able to eat between nine and seven today.

No comments:

Post a Comment