Monday 2 December 2019

Monday, 02-12-19

Good morning.  I'm back after a lovely weekend where I have feasted, not wisely but very well and now it's onto the SW Advent bandwagon!  You've heard of Strictly Come Dancing - this is Strictly Frugal Slimming World!

When I went shopping after arriving home yesterday, they had turkey legs in - two huge ones for around £4.50.  Today I will slow roast them with some herbs from the garden, strip off all the meat and use it as a basis for main meals, soups, lunches, etc.
I also managed to get a reduced cooked chicken so ditto for that (apart from the cooking, of course)
Then all the bones, chicken and turkey, and other bits will go into my instant pot for a long slow boil up and some delicious stock.
Dad loves turkey hot pot so guess what I'm making for us this weekend!
Today's plans:
B:  two boiled eggs and some chicken
I know the chicken sounds odd but it's lean protein, filling and satisfying and I need all the help I can get!
SW:  free

L:  chicken salad roll with an apple and an easy peeler
I also got a bag of four wholemeal rolls for 8p yesterday - one can't ignore that sort of bargain.  I have tomatoes and will mix up a bit of coleslaw to go with it.
SW:  one syn for a bit of mayo and one healthy extra B for the roll

D:  fish pie, sprouts and broccoli
After last week's ready made fish pie disaster disappointment, I shall make my own today.  In the freezer I have small portions of salmon, smoked basa and prawns so will use them.  I will poach the fish in milk and a bay leaf and then use the flavoured milk with some cheese spread and thickening granules to make a sauce.  I'll soften some onions to add to the mix and, maybe, add some peas and mushrooms too and some dried parsley.  The topping will be home made mash with some added grated cheddar.
SW:  the final bill should be two healthy extras for the milk, cheese spread and grated cheddar and the thickening granules will be a maximum of three tsps for three syns (but I'm guessing I won't need to use as much as that)

S:  chicken, fruit

BM:  a walk the long way round to school and back again.

Wish me luck!
What are your plans for today?

4 comments:

  1. That fish pie sounds gorgeous. I need to get some smoked fish as I have everything else. I am just having a general tidy up kind of day today. Looking forward to your coming recipes. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's made up loads so I guess that's lunch sorted out tomorrow as well. Nice.
      xx

      Delete
  2. To echo your first sentence........"Good morning. I'm back after a lovely weekend where I have feasted, not wisely".
    Not AT ALL wisely, Joy :(
    I've been in Bruges where I did NOT eat my body weight5 in chocolate, but I did eat too much of it....along with too much of many other things. I am having a night off SW tonight and have a low-syn week planned. I hope that my return next Monday will at least show a 'manitain'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we live in a real world and in the real world this sort of thing does happen, doesn't it? I'm really glad that you had what sounds like a fantastic weekend and there's always a way back in this game!
      xx

      Delete