Saturday 14 December 2019

Saturday, 14-12-19

Good morning.
It was nice to get back to proper healthy eating again and nice to feel so much better too.

I wrote a great long verbal-ramble about plans for the future and then decided it would bore the socks off everyone, so I'll break it down and cover one bit each day. Here's today's

Oats are great cholesterol lowering things (it says everywhere I've looked).  Fortunately, I like oat based things.  I've decided I will have oats in one form or another more or less every day.
However, that poses a bit of a problem with healthy extra Bs - sometimes I will want bread.  Oats and bread tend to be my Bs all the time.

A year ago, the rule was two healthy extra Bs and one A.  Then they changed it and now it's one B and two As.  Since then I've had a lot more constipation (sorry about TMI) and wonder if there's a link.  Also, wholemeal/wholewheat things are good for lowering cholesterol (they say)
Anyway, I have decided to be flexible and will have either two As and one B OR one A and two Bs.  Any more will be synned.
As before, pasta and rice will be as fibre filled as possible.


Today's plans:
B:  oat waffles with fruit and yogurt, mini yogurt drink
I'm looking forward to getting back on the old oat waffles again; they're so delicious.
SW:  one healthy extra B and two syns

L:  beans on toast, easy peelers
SW one healthy extra B

D:  bean and vegetable chilli with wholewheat pasta, apple
I'll make the chilli with bits and bobs of vegetables from the fridge, beans from the freezer and a topping of natural yogurt and grated cheese (not mixed together).  I've bought some lower fat cheese and will have 30g of it, which is the amount I'm used to.
SW:  one healthy extra A, three syns for half tbsp olive oil for softening the onions (it works so much better than spray oil.

Body Magic:  a good walk around town

Definitely a vegetarian day today and also fairly frugal!  Even the bread for the toast was a YS item.


4 comments:

  1. Sounds good, Joy. I know we do need some structure with diets, and a plan to follow is always good (so we know what we're doing), but sometimes it can be too restrictive for what seems no good reason. So a bit of common sense and changing things around a bit to suit ourselves helps a lot, I think. Good luck (not that you'll need it). xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. They say 'trust the plan' but, calorie wise, the change I am making cancels itself out so I won't be eating any more, just a different from time to time.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Joy,

    Hope you are well. I just thought I'd mention Aldi and Lidl whose cholesterol drinks are very reasonably priced and - at least in my Mother's experience - as effective as Benecol and Actimel. That's just her findings, though ��

    Big hug,

    Heloise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggle to have 2 As. Could happily eat 4 or 5 Bs though!!

    ReplyDelete