Tuesday 17 December 2019

Tuesday, 17-12-19

Good morning.

Some foods also show cholesterol lowering effects.  Oats and barley, oily fish, veg and olive oils,  fruit and vegetables, higher fibre foods, nuts and soya based foods to name some.  Obviously, on SW, some of these have to be limited but an awful lot doesn't.
So, as well as the yogurt drinks, I'm going to cut down on meat.  I think.  For now, three days with meat, two with oily fish and two vegetarian is the ideal although I'm more than happy to have more beans and pulses in place of meat. 
Less meat and more beans, veg, oily fish, etc, should be good for the purse too, especially as I like to soak and cook my pulses from dried.  They really are amazing value.

Today was never going to be an 'good' day.  It's the monthly 'Girls' Lunch', this time a Christmas dinner.  I can't remember what I ordered now but L, who organised it, will know.  What I remember is that I tried to make good choices but there really weren't any obvious ones.

I will wrap around that with two light meals.
B:  fruit and yogurt, mini yogurt drink
SW: two syns

D:  salmon and a salad, easy peeler
SW:  two syns for some lighest mayo

And nothing after six thirty!

6 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, have a great time at your Christmas lunch with the girls....I know you will. We've certainly cut back on red meat and eat more fish and chicken now, but we could do better....we're rather too fond of bacon and gammon. We could also eat more veggie meals. We quite like pulses, but not too often - I find them a bit too 'earthy'. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about pulses. They have that 'wholesome and good for you' flavour about them. On the other hand, they do go well with many spices so you can make some great flavours, one of my favourite curries is based on chickpeas, sweet potato and dried apricots and the chilli I made over the weekend was so delicious!
    I guess it's a case of finding the right recipes.
    I'm really looking forward to today's lunch! :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joy. I too have cut back on meat. I've just made a lasagne sauce using a very small amount of minced lamb and loads of veggies. It tastes gorgeous and we don't notice the reduction in meat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make a lot of sense, doesn't it? We're so luck to have so many alternatives to choose from.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Just wondering what time you end your fast in the morning? I try to wait until 9:00 a.m. but sometimes have to be out and on the road before that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same issue, Chris. Ideally, it's after nine, and most likely will be today but if I'm out early and won't be back until later, which can be quite often, I make it before 8:30 or 8, whichever works best. It's the same for the evening too. It just has to work with my life.
      xx

      Delete