Saturday 28 December 2019

Saturday, 28-12-19

Good morning.

Yesterday went fine until the evening when I rather forgot the no eating after seven rule.  Ooops.  It goes to show it's rather a necessary thing for me, I think.

I really shouldn't, as I have so much turkey, but today is going to be a vegetarian day, more or less.  I need one; tomorrow I can return to the turkey with more enthusiasm.  It will all be in the freezer by then anyway, carefully portioned out.

Today's plans:
B:  porridge with fruit and natural yogurt, mini yogurt drink
SW:  half a healthy extra A, one B and two syns

L:  bubble and squeak cakes, egg, mushroom and tomatoes
This is taken from the SW site although you can find it anywhere really.  SW has cut the fat and uses spray oil but, to add flavour, I will be using half a tbsp of turkey dripping to brush over the cakes before baking them which means it isn't vegetarian, strictly speaking.  I'm also going to add 15g of finely grated cheddar.  It's one of those adaptable recipes and may very well change from here to getting-the-pan-out time.
The sides are recommended on the recipe which also recommends baked beans but I don't think I will have the beans.
SW:  the meal itself is SW free but the cheese will add half a healthy extra A and the dripping will add three syns.

D:  beanburgers, chips, sprouts
I'm pretty sure I have home made and free beanburgers in the freezer; I just have to find them.  The chips will be a mix of potato, carrot and parsnip, done the SW way in the actifry (how I love my actifry - it did the Christmas Day roasties beautifully) and I have loads of sprouts so they will be piled high!
SW:  if I add extra oil to the chips, it will be another two syns.

It's a non-meat day, one A and one B, and the window will be between nine (or later, if I can last out) and seven.  Also fairly frugal and uses only things I already have in.

How are you getting on with leftovers?

10 comments:

  1. Good morning Joy. I cooked a lovely beef and vegetable curry yesterday with the intention of eating it today. It will have developed a good rich flavour. Breakfast is yoghurt with a spoonful of porridge oats stirred in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great. Second day curry is always a much better flavour, isn't it? Nice to have beef after so much white meat too.
      xx

      Delete
  2. My leftovers have been turned into dishes (or components of dishes) and frozen. They will be used over the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best way to do it, isn't it?
      xx

      Delete
    2. Definitely. I also organise a collection of all unopened, unwanted Christmas treats at Slimming World. They are then donated to the local Foodbank.

      Delete
    3. That's really brilliant!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Have turfed all the stuffing leftovers but still need to think of some innovative ways to use the meat and veggies. I think this will be the last day (I cooked the bird on Tuesday) so the rest will go in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a good friend, the freezer!
      xx

      Delete