Wednesday 4 December 2019

Wednesday, 04-12-19

Good morning!
I must tell you about the turkey pate I made yesterday.
I used cooked brown turkey meat, some philly extra light, some mayo, some Dijon mustard, some lemon juice and seasonings.  It all went into my mini-blender for a good zizz up until it was a meat paste texture (it was quite zizz, taste and add, zizz, taste and add).  Right at the end I though it needed a little something else so I zizzed in some dried cranberries and it was perfect!  In fact it was so nice that I didn't have my toast for breakfast, I saved it for lunch to have with the pate!

I used the philly extra light because I was out of the SW legal dairylea, but I'm not too fussed as it has been on the healthy extra list in the past so really cannot be all that evil.  It was about one syn's worth of mayo and two syns for the cranberries (around 15g).


One to remember after Christmas when there will be more turkey leftovers.

The curry was good too.  Instead of using mango chutney, I threw in a few dried cranberries which gave a little burst of sweetness now and again.  In the curry there was onion, red pepper, mushroom, sweet potato, peas and some cooked edamame beans I found in the freezer, plus the chicken, turkey and cranberries and it was lovely!

On to today:
I'm mixing the meals around somewhat as I have some school governors training this evening, slap bang in the middle of the time I have dinner usually.

So:
Late breakfast:  yogurt and fruit
SW:  if I have a fruit yogurt, it will be half a syn

Dinner at about three:  Christmas quesadillas - shredded turkey, cheese, cranberry sauce - with side salad; apple and easy peeler
SW:  That will be one healthy extra B for the wrap, one A for 30g grated cheese,  around two syns for some cranberry sauce (home made, so I can work it out precisely when I make it)

Supper:  soup
It'll be turkey/chicken, of course, nice and chunky, and I'll add onion, sweet potato and any other veg I find lurking.
SW:  should be free

Ss:  chicken, turkey and fruit

Body Magic.  Nothing organised today but I'll be up and down stairs all day and will do some of the balance ball routines Lindsey showed me yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment