Sunday 29 December 2019

Sunday, 29-12-19

Good morning.
Well, I managed to sort out the rest of the turkey yesterday.  There wasn't as much left as I thought.  Apart from the bones and bits, nothing else was wasted, which I was pleased about.  The only thing I have lots of is stock but that's not such a bad thing in the soup season.

I find that if I get going with meal/food preparation before breakfast, I feel less hungry - and that's not because of nibbling because I'm careful not to.  As a result, yesterday's eating window was between ten thirty and seven so eight and a half hours.  Not bad!

I was going to post about the bubble and squeak but I won't because I adapted it so much (i.e.e added a bit of left over bread sauce) that it splodged in the pan, becoming decidedly unphotogenic!  Despite that, it was lovely.  Potato, sprouts, some leftover broccoli that I found lurking in the fridge, a little dollop of bread sauce, 15g finely grated cheese, seasonings and nutmeg - and fried in a little turkey dripping.  Gorgeous!

Finally, the vegetable chips were lovely!  Potato, carrot and parsnip, all actifried in a few sprays of oil.  I put them all in together and had to remove the carrot and parsnip chips about ten minutes before the end of the program so next time I'll add them ten minutes in.

Today's plans:
B:  fresh fruit and natural yogurt with a sprinkle of toasted oats, mini yogurt drink
Must get some oats in somehow, although there won't be enough for a healthy extra
SW:  one syn for 5g of oats, toasted; two syns for the yogurt drink

L:  cold meat platter (sort of like a ploughman's), apple
Bit of turkey, bit of ham, coleslaw, salad veg, beetroot, caramelised onion chutney, roll.  No butter but will have a bit of cheese spread and I've remembered I have a couple of little roasties so I may slice them, spray them and brown them in a pan.  I don't like pickled onion or I'd have some of them too.
SW:  one syn for mayo in coleslaw, one and a half syns for 1 tbsp chutney,  half a healthy extra A for 40g dairylea light. one B for a roll

D:  coronation turkey, jacket potato, salad or cooked veg
This is the recipe I will be using, quartering the amounts for no leftovers.
SW:  the recipe gives weights and SW does spoons so I'm not totally sure until I make it but I reckon the mayo will be 1 syn, some mango chutney will be 2 syns and some dried apricots (30g) will be half a healthy extra B

Body Magic:  a walk to Morrisons and back and balance ball exercises.

Today's not a meat free day, I'm still using leftovers, etc, so quite frugal and the eating window will be between ten thirty and seven as I will have breakfast after I have popped to Morrisons for a few bits and bobs so eight and a half hours.

Half a healthy extra As (ooops, must build another one in somewhere, maybe for lunch), one and a half Bs and eight and a half syns.  Works for me!



No comments:

Post a Comment