Friday 27 December 2019

Friday, 27-12-19

Good morning.

Christmas is over although there's still plenty of stuff to eat up, some naughty and some nice.  It's now time to get properly back on track again and I've started by planning for a full week, like I used to do.  The plans feature quite a lot of turkey, ham and veg as I have rather a lot of leftovers.
I've managed to palm off quite a lot of the naughty stuff on my student grandson, Alex, who goes back to uni soon and Dad will take some stuff as he goes.

Someone ought to bring out a book - 101 Easy Recipes for Christmas Leftovers.  I'd buy it like a shot!

It is a relief to be back on track.  How did it all go for you.  Did you do what I did and forget completely about SW or did you keep an eye on things and try to adapt things so that they worked?

Today's plans:
B:  porridge with cinnamon, blueberries and natural yogurt, mini yogurt drink
SW:  half a healthy extra A, one B and two syns

L:  Christmas quesadillas, salad, fruit
The filling will be shredded turkey and cooked sliced bacon mixed with 15g cheddar, finely grated so it goes a long way, and some cranberry sauce or, maybe some caramelised red onion chutney; I'll see how I feel when I make it.  The salad isn't posh - just lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and red pepper.  Arranged around the outside of the plate, it looks like a ferstive wreath.
SW:  one healthy extra B and the other half of an A plus a couple of syns for the sauce/chutney

D:  turkey and vegetable curry with posh rice.
The SW site features some leftovers recipes this week and there's several I'd like to have a go at.  this curry is actually a chicken recipe but I will sub cooked turkey and adapt the vegetables to what I have.  I have plenty of brown meat turkey which is very flavoursome for a curry.
SW:  free

Body Magic.  MUST get back on track so I plan to do some salsacise, some balance ball exercises and perhaps go for a walk in the park, weather permitting.

The meal window will be between eight thirty and seven today, it's a one A and two Bs day and definitely not meat free!  In fact, that bit may have to go by the board until the turkey has all been sorted.

WHat are your plans for today?

6 comments:

  1. Good morning Joy. I will be getting back on track on the 1st of January as Tony will be off all next week. I find it so much easier to be good when he is out at work al day. I am looking forward to following your meal suggestions. It gives me a good kick up the bum. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the important things are to know thet you will get back on track and when. I know what you mean about finding it easier. I would too, definitely. I shall be taking a day off next Tuesday as Dad and brother John are comeing down for lunch and then Beth is seeing the New Year in. Bottles may be opened!
      I'm really glad the plans help. It certainly helps me to make them and know definitely what I'm having.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I don't do SW but I didn't abandon healthy eating. I have had more sweet treats than usual, but we didn't really buy much different to our usual shopping. I've still exercised every morning. The only real difference is that I haven't been out and about as much, hopefully that will change from today onwards.

    I do like the sound of salsasise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've done so well, good for you!
      It's the old Rosemary Conley DVD. Dated but I do enjoy it.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I went for quite a long walk this morning as it was a mild day. However, I also opened a big box of chocs I got for Christmas and only managed to restrain myself after I had eaten three!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the two will balance each other out, Chris. Well done on the walk.
      xx

      Delete