Wednesday 18 December 2019

Thursday, 10-12-19

Good morning.

As well as the mini yogurt drinks (such as Benecol) and fortified spreads, etc, other foods also show cholesterol lowering effects.  Oats and barley, oily fish, veg and olive oils,  fruit and vegetables, higher fibre foods, nuts and soya based foods to name some.  Obviously, on SW, some of these have to be limited so I'll have to choose with care.

Some foods are better limited or avoided.  Basically, anything with high levels of saturated fat is not a good idea.  Sadly, that includes cheese, butter, some oils, cream and meat (animal fats generally).  Eggs are, interestingly enough, OK.  Phew.

The hash brown breakfast bake I made yesterday was really lovely.  It may say 'breakfast' but it would work for any meal and I reckon it will be nice with leftover turkey added after Christmas.  Sprouts went very well with it.
I just got it polished off by seven so yesterday's 'window' was ten hours.  I won't be getting it lower than that unless I deliberately skip breakfast.


Today, I won't be able to stick with the 'eating window' as it's taster evening at SW.  I haven't been to SW for several weeks now and, as a result, the weight has piled on so weigh in won't be much fun, but I need to do it before Christmas.

Here's my plans.
B:  beans on toast, yogurt mini drink
The beans are left over from yesterday so it's instead of porridge.  Plenty of fibre in wholemeal toast and baked beans!
SW: one healthy extra B for the toast and two syns for the drink

L:  mushy pea soup
I ended up making this yesterday and there is a portion left over so that's today
SW:  half a healthy extra A

D:  taster evening.
I'm taking strawberry foam.  It's just a strawberry jelly, made a little more concentrated.  When it's just starting to set, I whisk in a strawberry yogurt and it goes all foamy and fluffy and it's really nice.  You have to catch it at just the right time, but if you add the yogurt a bit early, leave it for a while and then whisk it up again.
The whole lot (and when it's whisked up it makes a lot) is two and a half syns.

Body Magic:  a walk, balance ball exercises

It will be meat free until the evening.

4 comments:

  1. I like the sound of that strawberry foam. It sounds rather like a mousse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit like a mousse but without the naughty stuff. It's slightly more jelly like in a fluffy sort of way. And foolproof as long as, if it starts separating into fluff at the top and liquid underneath, you just give it another good whisk. Eventually it will reach the set point where it stays all foamy.
      I use an electric hand held whisk, not by hand.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I am a devotee of 'window eating'. With the exception of Monday evening ( I eat at about 7.45pm after SW), my window is 10.30am to 6.30pm. I manage it most of the time as my social life revolves around lunches out rather than dinners out. The almost daily fasting period of 16 hours is supposedly very good for our health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's worth knowing, thanks. I'm aiming, over time, to reduce it but to start with I'm happy with a window of ten or eleven hours.
      xx

      Delete