Saturday 14 December 2019

Sunday, 15-12-19

Good morning.

I've decided to give the 'restricted eating' concept a go.
It said this on an internet site:

"People who practice time-restricted eating typically eat during an 8- to 12-hour daytime window and fast during the remaining 12 to 16 hours. Unlike intermittent fasting, which involves caloric restriction, time-restricted eating permits a person to eat as much as they want during the eating window."

Well, if you're thinking what I'm thinking, you're thinking that it is perfectly possible to shovel down enough food during the day to foil any attempts to lose weight but, as I do have an issue with evening nibbling, I will give this structure (which is what it is really) a go.  I'm starting with an eleven hour window, eating after eight o'clock am and finishing dinner before seven o'clock pm.  My lifestyle won't allow me to keep to a six or eight hour window but, if I can use this to stop evening nibbling, I will be happy.


Of course, as soon as I have decided on this, along comes an awkward day.  It is Christmas Tree Day today.  Beth, Alex and Dave are round for lunch and Beth is also staying for dinner.  Food choices may be a bit wider but this is what I am trying to stick with.

B:  porridge with fruit and yogurt, mini yogurt drink
SW:  half a healthy extra A and one B, two syns

L:  jacket potato with a selection of toppings, salad leaves, tomatoes and coleslaw, fruit
The toppings will be chilli beans, tuna mayo and grated cheese.  I won't have the cheese but I'm not sure which of the others I will choose.  The chilli is leftover from yesterday as I deliberately made a lot more than I needed and is a delicious mix of - takes deep breath - onion, carrot, celery, red pepper sweet potato, sweetcorn, various beans, chopped tomatoes, baked beans left over from breakfast and a chilli from the garden, now dried, with other seasonings.  It was lovely yesterday and the flavours will have developed since then.
SW:  er . . . well, the chilli had three syns worth of oil but as it will serve four with maybe some left and has already provided a dinner, I'm forgetting about it.  The mayo will have about two syns.

D:  pizza, salad, fruit
OK, I know pizza isn't great but I will have just a thin slice and it is Christmas Tree Day so it's a family tradition.
SW:  don't really know - I will just try to be super sensible.

Not so frugal today, especially dinner.  I ought to be able to stick within the time window of eleven hours though.


2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the time restricted eating Joy, I look forward to reading how you get on. Have a nice day with the family xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto for you too. Different reasons and different application but I hope it helps us both!
      xx

      Delete