Sunday 25 February 2018

Sunday, 25-02-18

Good morning!
I ended up a bit down on the food yesterday - not enough diary as I really didn't have room for the yogurt after dinner.  Hope I do better today.
And talking of today, here's the plans - nothing special really.

B:  porridge with half a pot of fruit yogurt
L:  two boiled eggs, chicken salad
D:  lamb steak, roasties or mash, cabbage (probably); the other half of the yogurt
Ss:  two apples

From the freezer
the lamb steak

The frugal factor
Adding a fruit yogurt to the porridge has made it a bit dearer but it's still not bad at all.
The chicken for the salad is the other half of the chicken breast I cooked yesterday - it very obligingly weighed just over 200g raw so that has worked out well.
And someone else is funding these meals so, if fact, it is the most frugal ever.

However, I am going to review the plan for next week's meals as I need to put in more pulses.  This weekend is very meat heavy and it all feels too much - I like meat but not in such enormous quantities.
I was going to knock together a sort of veggieburger last week but didn't get round to it so that will be perfect for this week, won't it?

I'm not doing a Frugal Fings post this week but it should be back next Friday!  :-)






4 comments:

  1. Porridge has made me a better person. Love the stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the stuff - porridge is one of my comfort foods.
      J x

      Delete
  2. I'm not so keen on porridge, but do like overnight oats. Bet you'll be so glad when the op's over and done with and you can eat normally again. Do you still need to follow any kind of eating guidelines after the op?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep saying to myself that I must try overnight oats. I've got into a pattern of one day muesli, the next day porridge.
      After the op is all done and dusted, I will still have a fair amount of weight to lose anyway so it will make sense to carry on with something. I might do a post about that, thanks, Sooze.
      J x

      Delete