Wednesday 7 February 2018

Wednesday, 07-02-18

Good morning.  Snow ahoy but not much so it shouldn't cause any problems.

Today's frugal plans:
B:  muesli, fruit and natural yogurt
L:  tomato soup (the last of this week's make), toast to dunk
D:  vegetable curry (I might toss in some extra chick peas), shredded cabbage, plums and custard
Ss:  apple, orange

The frugal factor:
The muesli was a gift, the fruit is tinned and savers and the yogurt is home made
The soup was made with a B&N can of chopped tomatoes and made three portions, each about 15p while the bread is home made
I bought half a white cabbage to make coleslaw and it really does go a long way, doesn't it?  The lack of meat makes the curry very reasonable, the plums were from a friend's tree, frozen, and I shall make just a small amount of custard using the microwave (dead easy)

From the freezer
The plums, the bread, the curry and the chickpeas.  Not bad today.

The eggless 'sponge' I made yesterday was really nice.  Not a sponge but still nice, so I posted about it.



I'm trying to use up the multitude of stuff in the freezer.
I want to make the most of my hard earned pension so am aiming for sensible frugality in my meal planning and making.
I have gall bladder problems requiring an operation in the near future, high cholesterol and high blood pressure so am taking myself in hand with low fat, high fruit and veg, generally healthy meals but with plenty of flavour - and frugal.  Always frugal!

2 comments:

  1. It all sounds as delicious as normal, i like a veg curry on top of shredded steamed cabbage rather than rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why did I put 'lettuce'? I meant cabbage, of course. I will go and edit it! Like you, I like shredded cabbage.
      J x

      Delete