Saturday 24 February 2018

Saturday, 24-02-18

Good morning!
I managed absolutely fine without my lunch yesterday and was ready for my dinner later on!  It was off that while Alex sat enjoying his brunch (which was really a full English), I sat enjoying my apple and wasn't the least bit tempted by what was on his plate.  I wouldn't say that will always be so - I dearly love bacon, etc - but it helped yesterday.  And that apple was a very tasty one.  :-)

Today's plans are as follows:
B:  30g muesli, milk, natural yogurt and a bit of stevia (that's one dairy portion and one carb portion)
L:  tuna salad - plain tuna makes 2 protein portions and the salad will be big enough for two veg portions
D:  chicken (one protein), probably sprouts (one veg), roasties made with spray oil (two carbs) and then a yogurt (one dairy)
Ss:  two apples (the permitted two fruit portions)

I won't bang on about 'portions' every time I do my menu for the day but I did today just to show you how it all goes together. 

From the freezer
The chicken
The tuna has been in my cupboard for ages so it's about time it was used up.

The frugal factor
Well - given that I'm not paying for much of it today, that's frugal!  :-)
The tuna is tinned and was part of a multi buy special so is quite good value

And I was 3 lbs down yesterday!

6 comments:

  1. Well done on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just used up some lurking in the cupboard tuna too...turned out it was a great addition to the mystery salad I created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love a mystery salad! :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great weight loss, your obviously doing everything right. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tania. I'm just hoping it continues because there's a distance to go yet.
      J x

      Delete