Friday 16 February 2018

Prepping

In preparation for this shrinking diet < spit > I've been shopping and spent what feels like a fortune in comparison to the last several months but never mind, I actually have cash left over from holiday so I've used that.

This is what I always do when I have these challenges.  I Get Ready!

So far I have added to the freezer:
several 45g pots of chopped tomatoes
five 100g portions of beef mince
two 100g portions of salmon (fortunately, the piece I bought was 200g so it's now in two)
several 45g pots of mirepoix - chopped onion, carrot and celery, the starter for all my soups and most of my casseroles

So I'm adding to the freezer at the moment, not taking from it.

2 comments:

  1. Good prep makes life in the kitchen so much easier doesn't it 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It most certainly does. I'd hate to be without my little post of this, that or the other in single portions. I do love cooking but, for me, being prepared is a big part of the fun.
      J x

      Delete