Friday 23 February 2018

Friday, 23-02-18

Good morning.

Now I'm getting into the swing of this liver shrinking diet and things are starting to flow more, I'm realising the difference a little bit more protein makes.  Yes, I am missing my veg but I'm not feeling hungry and I really thought I would.  If anything, I'm feeling as if I've eaten too much.  Yesterday I couldn't manage two boiled eggs AND the soup for lunch so had the soup at about 3:30 which then meant I had no room for my apples.  Not sure what I do about that really but there are worse problems to have, aren't there.

The plans for today are . . .
B:  porridge with half of a fruit yogurt (then I don't need the stevia)
L:  This is where it gets complicated.  I have my grandson (home from uni) coming over for brunch mid morning.  Obviously, I can't have a brunch but I can have an apple.  But also I won't be able to have my lunch at lunch time for a different reason so might have to just miss it out for once and have my second apple whan I can eat later on.  If I have lunch then, I won't have room for dinner and I don't want to risk another 'attack' by stuffing myself.
Not great but . . .
D:  baked cod, SW chips, side salad, the other half of the yogurt
Ss:  apples


From the freezer:
The cod
For grandson - bacon, sausage, bread

The frugal factor.
Not a lot once Alex gets going!
Splitting the yogurt will work well and it makes the best of the dairy portion.
I don't count missing lunch as being frugal, so it doesn't count!


Just one of those days where things just have to be managed the best I can.



Explanation:
I have to have my gallbladder out and have been put on a short term 'liver shrinking diet' by Dr C.  So, for the next three or four weeks, my plans/food intake need to:
conform to the rules of the diet
be frugal
use up stuff from freezer and cupboard

4 comments:

  1. Hope your day sorts itself out in a good way. I find protein very satisfying, hence why I have a sprinkle of toasted flaked almonds on my overnight oats - I don't find oats very satisfying on their own. You'll be glad when it's all over and you can have your veggies again won't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I will, the portions are measly!!!
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seem to be coping pretty well up to now, but it does seem to take a lot of thinking about. I bet you'll be glad to get back to normal after the op.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tales a fair bit of planning because of the rigidness of what you are allowed to have or not to have for each meal although the food itself is plenty to make me feel full. No carbs for lunch is a nuisance! :-)
      J x

      Delete