Monday 26 February 2018

Monday, 26-02-18

Good morning.  Cold, innit?  :-)

Today's plans.
B:  muesli with natural yogurt and a bit of stevia
L:  spicy lentil soup
D:  tuna steak, SW chips, salad; fruit yogurt
Ss:  apples

From the freezer
Just the tuna steak.

The frugal factor
As always, the muesli was a gift so free for me.
Lentils are a great way to keep things frugal and the last time I bought a bag it was on BOGOF so I did!
To balance that, the tuna steak is NOT cheap, but it does fit in with the current regime and it could be worse.  Would you believe I have never cooked tuna?

And - er - bit bunged up again.  < sigh >  Another reason for adapting this diet as soon as I can.  Never had this problem before.

I had a question from 'Anonymous' about rice in a post several days ago.  Just to say I've answered it under the actual post as a reply.  :-)


Explanation:
I have to have my gallbladder out and have been put on a short term 'liver shrinking diet' by Dr C.  So, for the next three or four weeks, my plans/food intake need to:
conform to the rules of the diet
be frugal
use up stuff from freezer and cupboard

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, we haven't had tuna steaks for ages....couple of years I should think. No real reason (well, husband's not terribly keen but would still eat one)...actually, I don't really know why we haven't had them. If you've not cooked tuna before, the trick is to treat it like steak - medium rare. Don't be tempted to cook it well done, it'll be tough and nasty. Sorry you're bunged up again, I'd much rather be the other way any day. Hope things shift soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip. I was wondering about wrapping it in parchment or foil with some lemon juice and steaming it.
      J x

      Delete
  2. I've only ever cooked tuna once, I really didn't like it, give me the canned stuff any day ... and Ginger the cat agrees 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - gee, thanks!!!!!
      Fingers crossed but if I don't like it, at least I'll know not to buy it again.
      J x

      Delete