Friday 2 February 2018

Friday, 2-12-18

Good morning, everyone.

Today's plans:
B:  porridge with jam and natural yogurt
L:  Not sure, probably toast and pate with an apple
D:  beef casserole, mash and veg
Ss:  apple, orange

From the freezer:
The beef casserole - several portions too, as I'm cooking for others as well as for myself.
Bread for the toast.

The frugal factor:
Porridge for breakfast is always a great choice and the jam and yogurt are both home made (and cheaper, which is not always so, of course, just usually)
While beef is not the most frugal of meats, this was some YS beef that I was lucky to get hold of, casseroled long and slow and then frozen in portions.  It's good flavoured meat and should go down a real treat!


And a bonus!  Over January I have lost 10 lbs!  That does include losing the post-Christmas gain, of course, but even so, I'm well pleased.  It shows me yet again that I can be healthy and eat properly without spending a shedload of cash in the process.




I'm trying to use up the multitude of stuff in the freezer.
I want to make the most of my hard earned pension so am aiming for sensible frugality in my meal planning and making.
I have gall bladder problems, high cholesterol and high blood pressure so am taking myself in hand with low fat, high fruit and veg, generally healthy meals but with plenty of flavour - and frugal.

8 comments:

  1. Porridge for breakfast here, soup for lunch and Liver and bacon for dinner with cauliflower mash, broccoli and carrots. I have not been on the scales for many months, I have a dress that is my guide. It is unmerciful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snap - I have a few garments that I call my 'target clothes'. When I can get into them I find something else that's a bit tight to wear. Sadly, there's plenty of choice in my wardrobe. :-( but happily, at least I don't have to buy anything.

      I used not to go on the scales either, but I rather need to know how it's all going in hard numbers with a possible operation coming up so . . .
      J x

      Delete
  2. I am still learning to stay at my goal weight of 9st. I fluctuate between 8st12lb and 9st1.5lb. Its always going to be a battle but its a battle I'm winning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! I'm a long way from that but maybe, fingers crossed . . .
      J x

      Delete
  3. Well done on the ten pounds weight loss! I managed six in January.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Six is great too. It's in the right direction. I don't really mind how slow it is as long as it's down. That's what matters. After all, it has taken decades to pile on!
      J x

      Delete
  4. Well done, that's a good amount to lose in a month. I seemed to have gained one ... maybe it's one of yours, would you like it back 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaawww - I'm overwhelmed by your generosity and it's so tempting but no, I really shouldn't. ;-)
      J x

      Delete