Monday 30 April 2018

Monday, 30-04-18

Good morning!

The tomato and lentil soup was delicious but I won't post the whole recipe as one of the ingredients was the remains of some tomato and red pepper sauce, made last year and frozen.  Apart from that, it was tomatoes, lentils, carrot, celery, onion and various herbs and seasonings and I slackened it with some milk - I don't really have enough milk so any way to add a bit is good.  As Beth couldn't come over after all, I have one good portion for today and two for the freezer.  It'll be good for those cold days (like today!)

Today's plans:
B:  30g muesli with stewed fruit and plain yogurt.  30g doesn't look much but it is enough, especially as I team it with yogurt and stewed fruit.
L:  tomato and lentil soup
D:  small jacket potato with turkey mince topping which I might chilli up a bit, salad, coleslaw; fruit yogurt
Ss:  apple, orange

From the freezer
The stewed fruit
I've saved some soup from being put IN the freezer by having more today  :-)
The turkey mince

The frugal factor
None of it is particularly expensive, not even the mince as it is bulked out with veg, lentils and oats.  It's all home made which, quite apart from knowing what has gone into it, does generally tend to be much better value anyway.

How do you cook your mince?


No comments:

Post a Comment