Friday 18 March 2022

Friday, 18-03-21

 Good morning.
Yesterday was get back onto it day and it went well.  It's such a relief to enjoy cooking again and to be having crunchy, tasty, fresh foods once more.  It's also nice to have the mental energy to start planning ahead a bit.

Phew!

No SW today, of course, so no weigh in but I'm not sure I want one to be honest.  Next week, after a week back on track, will be a much clearer and accurate picture of the damage done.

Yesterday's meals:

Not the most exciting breakfast, I know, and normally I wouldn't bother with a photo, but in the interests of getting properly back on track, here it is.
Simple, it might be, but it tasted wonderful.

I saved the apple for late afternoon.
Leftovers lunch.  A very odd mix of chicken and pork with different sauces but it worked fine and I was stuffed by the time it had all gone.
I couldn't find any salmon in the freezer (I've ordered some now - can't be without salmon) but I did find a couple of sea bass fillets so I grabbed one of them, spend a few more syns on a mixture of honey, lemon and mustard, wrapped it all in foil and cooked it in the top pier of the steamer in which I cooked the broccoli and sprouts.  It was very nice indeed, even though it looks beige.
And what is it with potato and cheese? - a flavour combi made in heaven!  Cheesy chips are so good!

A yogurt for afters and then an orange finished off my first day back on the SW plan.  Yes, three oranges yesterday - all that lovely vitamin C!

Today's plans:

B:  cooked breakfast
My four chosen items today are bacon, egg, tomatoes and mushrooms.  Delicious!
SW:  all free/speed, no syns

L:  chicken salad pitta with a finger salad on the side; fruit
I have some cooked chicken that I ordered for my last delivers so that really needs using up.  The salad will be things like carrot and celery sticks, red pepper, tomatoes - anything that can be eaten with the fingers really.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the pitta and a couple of syns for some super light mayo

D:  campfire mac and cheese, speed veg; yogurt
I still have a lot of campfire stew so this is what I plan.
I'll just reheat the stew.  I will cook 40g macaroni for around 140 calories (I've just checked) and to it add some cheese triangles and some lighter crème fraiche to make a sauce.  I'll put the stew in an ovenproof dish, spoon the macaroni and cheese sauce over, sprinkle over some cheddar and bake or grill to melt the cheese.
It should work well.
SW:  the yogurt is half a syn, the cheese will be around one and a half As, the crème fraiche will be three syns (for three tbsp which will be plenty) and the rest should be speed or free

Exercise:  as I'm still quite chesty and full of coughs, I will do some strength and stretch rather than anything the least bit energetic.

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
five and a half syns

From the freezer:
bacon
pitta
campfire stew
maybe some veg


No comments:

Post a Comment