Thursday 31 March 2022

Thursday, 31-03-22

Good morning!


Yesterday's meals:

Well, Tracy's chocolate and blueberry muffins were absolutely gorgeous.  The closest thing to proper cake I have made and certainly not bread-puddingy.  Not that bread pudding is bad, it isn't, but this was cakey.
The mixture made four (my silicon moulds are more cupcake size than muffin) so I had two for breakfast and had the other two for a snack after personal training.   The fruit was a perfect accompaniment too.

Not particularly bright and colourful but you can't go wrong with risotto leftovers, can you.  It was so flavoursome.
Afters was an apple.

I really wasn't sure about this, especially the sticky-pop onions.  It was just red onions, sliced, add same Dr Pepper zero and boil it all up until the onions are soft and the liquid has boiled away.
On their own, hmmmm, but on top of the burger in a bun with some mustard and leaves and wow!  The flavours just went together so well.
It was supposed to have a slice of pastrami but when I looked at the pack, it was salt beef which is not the same at all..  Doh!  So I just did without and it was scrummy anyway.
I also had a yogurt and finished off with an orange.

Challenge:
no alcohol
three syns
seventeen (yes, that's right) speeds
All going well.

Today's plans:

B:  a cooked breakfast of bacon, sausage, tomatoes and mushrooms
SW:  one syn for two chicken Italia chipolatas and half a syn if I have some bbq sauce

L:  crustless quiche, salad and coleslaw; fruit
I'll try using my new Ninja toy - I gather it works really well.
SW:  one healthy extra A for some cheese and one syn for mayo in the coleslaw

D:  braised beef, roasted veg, gravy
The beef is what I did in the slow cooker on Tuesday.
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt.  The rest is speed/free/protein

Exercise:  a swim

Summary:
one healthy extra A
no healthy extra B
three syns
I think it's an SP day today.


From the freezer:
bacon
sausages
beef and gravy
butternut squash

No comments:

Post a Comment