Thursday 24 March 2022

Thursday, 24-03-22

Good morning!
This week is not the best for getting back on track.
Tuesday was the day at the spa with a three course lunch thrown in
Wednesday was OK
Today I'm out for lunch with a friend
Friday I'm going to Prezzo with Beth
Sunday I'm round to Beth's for lunch.
Ooops!
Yesterday's meals:

Warm enough to sit in the garden for breakfast - the first time this year and never did tomatoes on toast taste better.  :-)

Lunch was also taken into the garden.  Half a crustless quiche with salad and I had an easy peeler afterwards.


The roasted butternut squash risotto was absolutely delicious.
I spray roasted some butternut squash and, when it was done, mashed half of it.

I did the risotto the usual way using some onion, the rice, a splash of white wine vinegar and some good chicken stock with a bit of seasoning.  When the rice was cooked, I added some grated hard Italian cheese and one tbsp lighter crème fraiche for one syn (no butter in the end) and cooked that in before finally mixing in the mashed squash and topping the rice with the rest of the squash.

So delicious and, in Thermione, really easy too.   Far more SW friendly than it sounds as I used spray oil, the stock was home made the cheese was one and a half As (so one for what I had), butternut squash is a speed veg and I think the lighter crème fraiche worked out better than some butter would.


Today's plans:

B:  crustless quiche, tomatoes and mushrooms
I have half the quiche left over from yesterday so that will be perfect for breakfast with the usual tomatoes and mushrooms
SW:  one healthy extra A

L:  Going to Cressing Temple with a friend and we are having lunch there.  They do nice soups . . . 
SW:  no idea

D:  chicken or salmon, leftovers of butternut squash risotto, mixed veg; yogurt
I'm not sure how I will cook the protein, whether it be chicken or salmon but it won't be complicated.
SW:  half a healthy extra A for the risotto, there's no point counting the crème fraiche as it is well under half a syn and half a syn for some yogurt

Exercise:  lots of walking around Cressing Temple with a friend

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As
half a syn
Incomplete because of lunch



From the freezer:
chicken/salmon
mixed vegetables

No comments:

Post a Comment