Monday 21 March 2022

Monday, 21-03-22

Good morning!  The good news is that today is freedom day.  Yesterday's LFT was negative and so is today's.  That's great!!

However, I'm finding it extremely hard to pick up the pieces and get back on track again.  Yesterday went well during the day but the evening, always my week point, was an utter disaster - again.  To be honest, and I know I'm whinging, I'm feeling really low about it.  It's not that I'm hungry, it's just lack of motivation, greed and, maybe, a bit of the post viral blues;  I'm thoroughly ashamed of it too, thinking about how awful people are finding life in other parts of our world.  

I don't know what to do except to take each day as it comes and try to find some motivation again.  
Any ideas?  I'd really appreciate them.  Also vibes . . .  I'm ready to catch them!   :-)


Yesterday's meals:

Lovely beans on toast for breakfast which went down a real treat.  
And a very nice, fairly basic, roast chicken dinner.



As for the evening - oh, dear.  That's all I'm saying!



Today's plans:

B:  egg, mushrooms and tomatoes
I have no idea how I managed to order two boxes of a dozen medium eggs but somehow I did, so eggs are going to feature fairly strongly in this week's food plans, I guess, especially breakfasts.
SW:  speed and free, no syns

L:   hunter's chicken with salad and coleslaw; fruit
Poor hunter's chicken - twice planned and twice spurned.  It's in the oven now though so it will be all ready for me to warm up for lunch.
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese and one syn for some mayo in the coleslaw.

D:  salmon, pommes parmentier and either salad or veg; yogurt
I think I will cook two salmon pieces so I have one ready for tomorrow evening.
Pommes parmentier is just a posh way of saying mini roasties really.
SW:  I should have coleslaw left so if I choose salad, it will be another half syn (the whole lot was one and a half syns of mayo).  If I have some seafood sauce, it will be two and a half suns for one tbsp. The yogurt is half a syn

Exercise:  I'm back to circuits today.  I doubt I will be able to put in as much energy as before for a few weeks but I'll give it a jolly good go!

Summary:
one healthy extra A
four and a half syns


From the freezer:
chicken
salmon

4 comments:

  1. I've a few suggestions Joy, I'll email you as I don't want to take up loads of space here on your blog. Don't be disheartened, you'll get through this! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze, I'd really appreciate that. xx

      Delete
  2. Been there, too - especially where chocolate is concerned. Now I know this is probably just for me, but I have substituted my evening, post dinner chocolate binge with a large Pink Lady apple and my 30g, Hex A cheese. If I have had my cheese in one of my meals I really miss it so try not to eat it during the day. Weigh-in tonight. Chin up - you know how to do this and it's merely a post viral blip, I reckon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably is, yes, but combined with a pre viral holiday and a during-viral 'collapse. . . well, there you go!

      Intermittent fasting suits me, when I follow it, so I think perhaps I need to just be very firm with myself after seven each evening. And maybe more water . . .
      Also, thinking about it, my whole routine has been well and truly turned head over heels - now it's all back again, everything should flow better for me.
      Thanks, Julia, I really appreciate your wise words.

      Delete