Thursday 17 March 2022

Thursday, 17-03-22

Good morning!
While I'm still testing positive, I'm feeling so much better and starting to crave fresh stuff again so I reckon it's about time to start this blog up again.  It's a bit ironic that, just as I had decided to watch the calories a bit, everything sort of collapsed so I will take a couple of days to get properly back on track and then have another think about it.  
Goodness knows what scales-damage this last week has wrought but that's not the important thing now.

I don't have any photos of yesterday but, Rachel, I got out a portion of that campfire stew and added to it some cooked pasta and a dollop of crème fraiche and it was really delicious!

Today's plans:
B:  fruit and yogurt
. . . and so looking forward to it!
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt

L:  leftovers, salad; fruit
The leftovers thing is going to sound a bit off.  I have some of the campfire stew as described above and for dinner I did a chicken and veg sort of mixture and left a bit of that too.  I've put them both together and intend reheating them in the microwave and serving on some mixed leaves (assuming they are still edible) and other salady veg.
SW:  It's a bit hard to judge but I am estimating three syns for the lighter creme fraiche, to be on the safe side.  The rest is free/speed

D:  salmon, cheesy chips, fresh veg; yogurt
I am assuming I still have some salmon in the freezer - if not, I have other fish and will use that instead.  I'll probably steam or bake it.
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt and I'm very much hoping the rest is speed and free.

Exercise:
I had an online session with Lindsey, a shorter, gentler, get-back-to-moving session which was just the ticket.  She gave me some exercises to do with ball and bands and I will do them each day this week.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
no healthy extra Bs - ooops
four syns

From the freezer: 
yesterday's campfire stew and chicken were both from the freezer
salmon/fish

I have, in fact, used up several things from the freezer over this last week - just not in a terribly healthy or SW friendly way.

4 comments:

  1. Good to read that you're getting there. I have heard from some that when they had Covid they ate loads of carbs and still lost weight so you never know! Still, as you said - not a priority when poorly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it really wasn't. I will find out a week tomorrow when I can go back for a weigh.
      How's the week gone for you? xx

      Delete
  2. Good morning! Actually, having a pretty good week - need to get rid of 1.5lbs this week to receive my Club 10 award! We're having friends round tomorrow for the rugby but am making a Cottage pie and I will Syn my mash! Gotta have mash! My knees are pretty sore from doing 10,000 steps daily but I must!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! I think your knees will get used to it in time and as the weight goes down. xx

      Delete