Saturday 26 March 2022

Saturday, 26-03-22

Good morning!
Ooops and ouch - that's all I can say about yesterday's weigh in which was shocking.  Nobody's fault but my own!

Anyway - I'm back on it as from today.  I have one meal out planned for this coming week and that is tomorrow at Beth's.  She's doing chicken wrapped in bacon which is fine but there will also be a pavlova.  I think that, if I am careful and sensible, I can accommodate it.

I have the new SW magazine beside me as well as the previous one and it looks really good for recipes so I think they will feature heavily during the week.

Does anyone know whether ox cheek is a free protein food?  I picked one up in Morrisons yesterday as it looked so lovely and lean and is supposed to be delicious; I will be cooking it in the slow cooker to perhaps have either tomorrow evening or Monday.  It doesn't seem to be on the web site but I found a recipe that seemed to indicate that it doesn't carry any syns.

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast was a bit of leftover risotto and mixed veg - an off breakfast but it was there, it needed using up so . . .
I didn't take a photo.

This was lunch.  I had planned tuna mayo but I found a random tin of salmon.  I'm not terribly keen on tinned salmon but I had it so I used it.
I cooked 50g pasta.  I picked all the skin and bones from the tinned salmon as much as I could) and mixed in a sort of seafood sauce made with two tbsp superlight mayo(one syn), one tbsp tomato puree, one tbsp lighter crème fraiche (one syn) and some Henderson's relish (veggy Lea and Perrins) before adding it to the pasta.  It was OK, quite nice really and it made quite a lot.  I might do it again but with tuna or with fresh salmon.  As you can see, I had it with salad veg for plenty of crunch.  Nice.

In the evening, Beth and I went to Prezzo and, while I didn't go bonkers, it was hardly SW friendly.  Oh, well . . .

Today's plans:

B:  weetabix with fruit and yogurt
This might sound a bit weird but I have a lot of weetabix crumbs so I'm going to mix one biscuit's worth (I will have to check the pack for the weight) with some natural yogurt, flavoured with skinny syrup and top it with some blueberries and raspberries.
SW:  half a healthy extra B

L:  halloumi in breadcrumbs, salad, coleslaw; fruit
I have some lighter halloumi which is 45g for a healthy extra A and I will use, probably, half a B on some wholemeal breadcrumbs.  I plan to egg and breadcrumb halloumi sticks and fry or bake (probably bake) in some spray oil, serving it with salad and some caramelised red onion chutney.
SW:  65g halloumi for one and a half As, half a B for breadcrumbs, one and a half syns for a tbsp salad cream (coleslaw) and one and a half syns for a tbsp chutney

D:  prawn and hot smoked salmon pasta; yogurt
From the new magazine, p 24
I have some smoked salmon fillets but raw so I will bake that at the same time as I cook the lunchtime halloumi.
I don't have farfalle pasta so I will use some of my fancy heart shaped pasta that I won in the raffle at group just before Valentine's Day.
I'm not sure if the fromage frais in the fridge is still good - if not, I will sub some of the lighter crème fraiche and some quark, mixed together.
It all looks very straightforward so I will give it a go and let you know.
SW:  one syn for the crème fraiche and half for the yogurt

Exercise:  Not sure - probably something light and inside.  I'm still feeling very post-virally weary.

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
four and a half syns planned but I might have more chutney at lunch time - I have the syns so it will be fine.


From the freezer:
breadcrumbs
prawns

4 comments:

  1. Pinch of Nom use ox cheek in one of their recipes and state that the recipe is syn free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Eileen. I thought it must be but I try not to assume too much. It's smelling good in the slow cooker!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Good morning! Hey ho - onwards and upwards. What I get really p'ed off about is it seems that going off track - even for one day, and for me that was having 30 syns instead of 15 as we had guests - makes one gain weight! That seems so unfair and makes one wonder whether one can ever treat oneself again! Anyway - have overdosed on broccoli and cauliflower this week. Am being a good girl and filling my plate with speed before adding anything else. The truth will out on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose one weight loss or gain doth not tell the whole story and fluctuations up and down are natural and normal. Some of it is fluid, don't you thing. An overload of carbs (and syns usually means carbs/sugar) does cause a temporary fluid retention.
      O.D.ing on speed veg actually sounds delicious!
      xx

      Delete